Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Spotify Premium on Tesla Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be taking delivery of my MYLR next month, and we are big into Sirus/XM...but I'm willing to give Spotify a try. Does Spotify offer any free "premium service" promotion when you take delivery?
Not specifically if you purchase a Tesla. There may be an offer from Spotify for three months free service when you sign up for Spotify Premium.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
It doesn't come from Tesla, but the Spotify Premium does work in the car. It requires the Tesla connectivity, which you should get a year free.

One thing that is not at all obvious- you need to login to the car using the 24 digit cryptic 'username' that you get when you sign up at Spotify. Your email address won't work, even though the field says 'email address.'

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
One thing that is not at all obvious- you need to login to the car using the 24 digit cryptic 'username' that you get when you sign up at Spotify. Your email address won't work, even though the field says 'email address.'
Interesting... My email worked great.

I signed up for a Spotify 3 month free trial of premium. It's really nice the way it integrates in the car and I've been using, and paying for, it ever since.

It doesn't come from Tesla, but the Spotify Premium does work in the car. It requires the Tesla connectivity, which you should get a year free.

My email worked.

it made me sign into my spotify account when I opened it up on the screen, glad my student account with the discount is still handly. Pretty sure the only weird trait is now that if anyone other than me is driving the car, it will show me what they are listening to as well lol

since spotify only allows it to stream on one device, but displays it on all other signed in devices.

May I resume this topic for a question. If I get premium connectivity on my (future) MYP, do I get a data connection to stream my music? I have a Spotify premium account, usually I either download my playlists at home via WIFI, or use data from my phone, but how does it work on a Tesla? Same question about Netflix.
Also is it ok to watch movies while you wait for your supercharge?
Newbie questions I know :D

May I resume this topic for a question. If I get premium connectivity on my (future) MYP, do I get a data connection to stream my music? I have a Spotify premium account, usually I either download my playlists at home via WIFI, or use data from my phone, but how does it work on a Tesla? Same question about Netflix.
Also is it ok to watch movies while you wait for your supercharge?
Newbie questions I know :D
1647892582756.png

So do I get unlimited data to be used for the above? Unlimited Netflix, Spotify, YouTube?
You can use the Tesla Premium Connectivity for watching Netflix using your Netflix credentials. You need would a Spotify Premium account, free ad-supported Spotify won't work with the Tesla Spotify app. (You can get 3 months (even up to 6 months) free when you sign up for Spotify Premium. Check for offers.) You can only view video services such as Netflix, Youtube while the Tesla vehicle is parked. You can also use Netflix, Spotify and YouTube when the Tesla Model Y is connected to a Wi-Fi network (this can be your phone's Wi-Fi hot spot.)