Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free "Streaming" with premium interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I just picked up a 2022 MYLR, and the "Streaming" (or LiveXLive) has a Tesla account already associated with it. Was this to be included with the 1YR free premium connectivity?

My 2021 did not have an account and I needed to create an account and pay $10/mo for the "Streaming" service (not Spotify obviously).

Just curious what other are seeing. I searched and couldn't find this topic specifically.

I just picked up a 2022 MYLR, and the "Streaming" (or LiveXLive) has a Tesla account already associated with it. Was this to be included with the 1YR free premium connectivity?

My 2021 did not have an account and I needed to create an account and pay $10/mo for the "Streaming" service (not Spotify obviously).

Just curious what other are seeing. I searched and couldn't find this topic specifically.

According to the blog at the end of the page, only S and X would have 1 year free. 3 and Y have 30 days.

According to the blog at the end of the page, only S and X would have 1 year free. 3 and Y have 30 days.

Not really my question... but that is true only for new orders after 10/31/2021 (iirc). Orders on or prior to that date include the 1 year (based on the terms posted on their website at the time the order was placed.)

1641424957529.png

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
For the other answer: LiveXlive is free forever even after 1 year.
Thanks! So the "Tesla Account" for Slacker will work after the 1 year (as long as you are paying for premium connectivity)? Seems funny since it's the same price and includes Slacker Premium. I guess just no mobile app access and such.

I was able to figure out my issue. When I first picked up my 2021 MYLR, the Slacker radio was not working, so I created an account and plugged that in for the username/password and all was good but I was paying extra for it. I just now logged out and selected "Use Tesla Account" and it worked without issues. Maybe it was a software issue.

Anyway, saving $10/mo now by using the Tesla account.

...as long as you are paying for premium connectivity...
Your slacker.com is standard with no extra charge and no premium connectivity payment needed.

You can use wifi without paying for premium connectivity.

When you are away from your home wifi, you can use your phone as a wifi hotspot and your Tesla slacker.com will work fine.

Thanks I was wondering how I had access to stream anything I wanted without signing up for any service. There is no service name or familiar icon that I saw with the music channels so I had no idea how it was working. If this is the case it makes the $99 per year a deal so you don't have to mess with tethering.
I was going to drop premium next month if it was only traffic.