Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

free super charging for P3D ordered before Aug 1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently picked up my Performance Model 3 (reserved 3/31/16, ordered 6/26/18) and when I log into my tesla.com account page it says my Super Charging Status = Pay Per Use? I thought all P3D's ordered before August 1st (or referred before Sept 16) have free super charging for life? I searched this forum and someone mentioned it takes a couple of weeks to kick in, and everyone I ask at Tesla i clueless....so I am here asking the experts. Seems odd that it would be delayed?

I've been reaching out to everyone I know at Tesla about this. This is the reply I got a couple of weeks ago from the "Executive Care" team:

"Thanks for reaching out. Free supercharging activates about 3 weeks after delivery for performance Model 3s ordered before 8/1. This option should be active on your vehicle soon."

This is something I just got today as an email reply to the "You now have free, unlimited Supercharging" e-mail:

"We are still in the process of updating all vehicles to have the unlimited supercharging. You should see this updated soon to reflect the changes."

It's been over three weeks since delivery for me, and I still don't have it reflected correctly on my vehicle details page.

I've been reaching out to everyone I know at Tesla about this. This is the reply I got a couple of weeks ago from the "Executive Care" team:

"Thanks for reaching out. Free supercharging activates about 3 weeks after delivery for performance Model 3s ordered before 8/1. This option should be active on your vehicle soon."

This is something I just got today as an email reply to the "You now have free, unlimited Supercharging" e-mail:

"We are still in the process of updating all vehicles to have the unlimited supercharging. You should see this updated soon to reflect the changes."

It's been over three weeks since delivery for me, and I still don't have it reflected correctly on my vehicle details page.
thank you for sharing this information!

Ditto for me, ordered my P3D on 6/29 and picked it up last week. You guys have received better info than I. The support person I've been talking to didn't even know why I would be eligible for free super charging. I referred them to their own website, so hopefully it gets resolved for all of us.

I just got charged for using the super charger, however, when I talked to the service center last time they told me to just let them know and they would reverse the charges. Kinda annoying that they can't just fix this faster.

Same issue here, ordered on 7/30 and took delivery yesterday (9/6). I got the email, after I ordered, that I would be getting unlimited, free supercharging.

I just supercharged and got a notice from AMEX of the charge as I was pulling away.
did you contact Tesla to get this charge removed? i was once told it takes a few weeks before Free Supercharging is reflected on our accounts. I am going on my 6th week with my P3D+ and it still says pay per use?