TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Free Super Charging on Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by willw64, Aug 3, 2019.

1. willw64

willw64 Member

Looks like free unlimited supercharging is back on the Model S.

2. PPower19

PPower19 Member

And the Model X.

I have an ordered Model S which haven’t been delivered yet, wonder if I also can have the free supercharging. Will have to ask my sales rep.

3. willw64

willw64 Member

Definitely ask the question. As far as I can tell that was an incentive that has only been added in the last day or two. Makes all the sense in the world to load up the flag ship vehicles.

4. jdw

jdw Supporting Member

While this is great to see, I do wish Tesla would at least slow down on all the flip-flop changes. An orderly progression of better value and improvement over time is great, but the "it's gone, it's on promotion, one time only act now: free referral miles!!11! to it's all included now to whoa, gone again, and then ... it's baaack" ... for every new buyer they attract, they annoy another recent buyer. Do it often enough and you start freezing sales with people waiting for their favorite feature to make a return as much as you stimulate sales by doing the changes.

#getoffmylawn

• Like x 6
  5. willw64

willw64 Member

Totally agree. These vehicles in particular should be less prone to the flip flops.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. outdoors

outdoors Member

My S has a flip flop problem. Not sure I can fix it.
    20190803_104535.jpg

• Funny x 14
    • Love x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

That's just bizarre how they keep doing this. When do the adults get back to run the company?

• Like x 2
  8. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

With Elon saying: 1) there will be no refresh of the Model S, 2) the Model S/X are no longer important, and now 3) FUSC, maybe he feels we’re all waiting for a major refresh. So he is trying to drive current sales. Proof positive that a major refresh is coming! :rolleyes:

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. KSilver2000

KSilver2000 Member

If they don’t let you, there’s always the return period for you to re-order.

10. Travelhead

Travelhead New Member

I ordered 3 days ago and contacted my tesla sales rep, he said he’s not sure if it will be included but he can put in a case for me on Monday. Yikes really hope I don’t have to reorder why do they kept employees in the dark?

11. emulajavi

emulajavi Member

I’m going to ask the same....

12. Alphacrux

Alphacrux Member

It would be nice for those who recently ordered if they could allow us to purchase unlimited supercharging

13. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

When have tesla employees NOT been in the dark. They rarely know about future changes

I wish tesla would capitalize on this and have unlimited free supercharging be an option. I would totally pay 5k for it just to never have to think about it.
    A lot of people would... heck some are paying 6k for a feature they’ll never even get ...

FSD...

*puts on flamesuit*

• Like x 6
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  14. Jeffrub

Jeffrub New Member

Long time tesla supporter and really disappointed for the first time. I was suckered into upgrading my 15 MS to get ludicrous for free and took delievery a month ago. Right after that they included ludicrous in the performance version. So the 120k car I thought I was getting a good deal on evaporated over night. Then 30 days later they reinstate unlimited super charging, argggg. Really disappointed. I hope they grandfather it a month or more. Anyone know who I can complain to or is it not worth it?

• Like x 1
  15. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

Tesla has a history of being unresponsive to this type of request... you could escalate the issue to Elon via tweet. :cool:

16. Alphacrux

Alphacrux Member

I’m in the same boat. Maybe we should tweet Elon.

• Like x 2
  17. EA500

EA500 Member

Let us know what you hear since I have a call in and am waiting on a response..

18. dblankenbaker

dblankenbaker Member

You still got Ludicrous for free, and when they rolled Ludicrous into all performance cars, they RAISED the price of performance $5,000. You cannot get a better deal today than the deal you got! So I don't understand why you're disappointed??

• Like x 1
  19. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

My inside salesperson says no prob, they will include free supercharging on my order thats already been placed but not delivered.

• Like x 1
  20. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Complain? About what exactly?
    You got the ludicrous option for free, which is a better deal than new owners who purchased before it became standard.
    I fail to see what exactly tesla did wrong.