Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Super Charging on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time tesla supporter and really disappointed for the first time. I was suckered into upgrading my 15 MS to get ludicrous for free and took delievery a month ago. Right after that they included ludicrous in the performance version. So the 120k car I thought I was getting a good deal on evaporated over night. Then 30 days later they reinstate unlimited super charging, argggg. Really disappointed. I hope they grandfather it a month or more. Anyone know who I can complain to or is it not worth it?

Now the price for performance with ludicrous is higher. So consider yourself lucky.

Reactions: dblankenbaker
Tesla should keep FUSC as a benefit only for S/X owners.

The comment about FUSC being unsustainable was related to the huge numbers of 3 (and soon Y) vehicles hitting the road, at much lower prices than the S/X.

In addition to FUSC, Tesla should do more to add value for S/X (4 year/50K free maintenance, 8 year/100K mile warranty, separate S/X support line, included FSD, …).

Instead of these frequent "flip flops" on pricing and features - Tesla should announce these changes as their new strategy for S/X sales - and stop making pricing/feature changes on a weekly or monthly basis - especially when there doesn't seem to be a lot of logic behind the sequence of changes...

I took delivery of my new Long Range Model S eight days before they announced Free Supercharging. It was the feature i most wanted. So far, nobody has been able to do anything about it, not my sales rep or tweeting to Elan, nothing.

II wish there was something i could do. I was just outside the "return it" window and so couldn't force the issue. I'm really disappointed, this is a lousy way to start a customer relationship.

Reactions: davezforce
In this thread: people deciding the price they agreed on and singed for wasn't fair....again.

yeah... I am fairly sure we can all agree that Tesla prices going down is ultimately a good thing. But there's no way of lowering prices on a product without pissing some prior buyers off. Even if you convert all pending purchases to the new price, or even do a crazy thing like refund the difference to everybody who bought within the last month, there's ALWAYS gonna be someone who was the last one to pay the higher price for the same car, and they will be pissed.

I took delivery of my new Long Range Model S eight days before they announced Free Supercharging. It was the feature i most wanted. So far, nobody has been able to do anything about it, not my sales rep or tweeting to Elan, nothing.

II wish there was something i could do. I was just outside the "return it" window and so couldn't force the issue. I'm really disappointed, this is a lousy way to start a customer relationship.

I feel for you... tell the sales manager you are returning the car as a lemon due to no free supercharging. :cool:

Reactions: 1375mlm

Well there’s your problem. Elan has no special connections at tesla

But also I doubt they’d be able to do anything, it’s like the old saying goes, if they do it for you they’d have to do it for everyone.

And the Model X.
I have an ordered Model S which haven’t been delivered yet, wonder if I also can have the free supercharging. Will have to ask my sales rep.

I ordered 3 days ago and contacted my tesla sales rep, he said he’s not sure if it will be included but he can put in a case for me on Monday. Yikes really hope I don’t have to reorder why do they kept employees in the dark?

My inside salesperson says no prob, they will include free supercharging on my order thats already been placed but not delivered.

Hi. Did they included it or you’re still waiting for them to do it? Thanks!

Just seen it reported by tesla-info.com that some of the new inventory MSX cars are being listed without the unlimited supercharging option code being set. They speculate that like last time, the code was added to all existing inventory at the time of the announcement and new inventory coming through are getting missed.

I'm sure its a mistake but its a lot easy to get it sorted before you buy than have to try and argue with Tesla after you have paid and get it retrospectively applied. Or if in doubt, buy a different car.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Just seen it reported by tesla-info.com that some of the new inventory MSX cars are being listed without the unlimited supercharging option code being set. They speculate that like last time, the code was added to all existing inventory at the time of the announcement and new inventory coming through are getting missed.

I'm sure its a mistake but its a lot easy to get it sorted before you buy than have to try and argue with Tesla after you have paid and get it retrospectively applied. Or if in doubt, buy a different car.
Absolutely. If there’s an option I want that’s not listed but someone at tesla says it’s included, GET IT IN WRITING.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Its not SC01 though thats being used, its SC05 which is quite different. ev-cpo don't differentiate between the two but they should as they are not the same according to other sites in that one is transferable and the other code its not.

Do you have any source or backup that the codes are, in fact, different?

Or are you just slamming on EV-CPO again ?

Also, there is no such thing as "transferable supercharging" on any cars currently listed on EV-CPO, so what's your point, exactly? Cars either have FUSC or they don't.

I've also heard from my sources that cars currently with "transferable supercharging" get one free transfer to the next owner. Then it changes to just "free supercharging" and is no longer transferable to the next-next owner. So even if you currently have a Model S or Model X with transferable supercharging, it will only transfer once when you sell it.

Last edited:
I ordered the S three days prior to the FUSC offer and the sales manager was able to add it to my order. A big thumbs up for the team in Wexford, Pa.

How was this confirmed? My situation:

- announced day after I ordered, NOT delivered
- rep said it will be added don’t worry
- car gets delivered, still says pay for sc use in my profile
- rep promises it was updated but takes a week or two to hit my account

Same, or was yours instant?

FUSC appears when I click “view my design details”. I’m scheduled to take delivery tomorrow.

Do you have any source or backup that the codes are, in fact, different?

Or are you just slamming on EV-CPO again ?

Also, there is no such thing as "transferable supercharging" on any cars currently listed on EV-CPO, so what's your point, exactly? Cars either have FUSC or they don't.

I've also heard from my sources that cars currently with "transferable supercharging" get one free transfer to the next owner. Then it changes to just "free supercharging" and is no longer transferable to the next-next owner. So even if you currently have a Model S or Model X with transferable supercharging, it will only transfer once when you sell it.

You state SC01 and SC05 are "Unlimited supercharging" on your code look up - why two codes for the same thing? Isn't SC05 the current code they use whereas if you look back at your pre 2017 cars they had SC01 before they got relisted and the code was changed to pay per use? What happened back then? It stopped being transferable which would support the theory that SC01 is transferable and SC05 is not.

I fail to understand why you refuse to acknowledge others may have information you don't. I see you've now copied tesla-info in giving the depreciation on used cars which presumably you've got by summing the values of the option codes, something that only a few months back when I suggested the correct autopilot codes for FSD were the ones with a financial value against and you told me I was wrong and that data couldn't be trusted. Perhaps you should take a chill pill, have some humility and say "thanks, I didn't know that, it seems to make sense at face value, I'll see if the data supports the theory" rather than try and rubbish me at every opportunity you can. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1375mlm

I’m in the same situation as you. Took delivery on Monday. Still waiting for them to fix it. I hope they stand by their word.