TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Free Super Charging on Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by willw64, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Grassright

Grassright Member

Now the price for performance with ludicrous is higher. So consider yourself lucky.

• Like x 1
  2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Tesla should keep FUSC as a benefit only for S/X owners.

The comment about FUSC being unsustainable was related to the huge numbers of 3 (and soon Y) vehicles hitting the road, at much lower prices than the S/X.

In addition to FUSC, Tesla should do more to add value for S/X (4 year/50K free maintenance, 8 year/100K mile warranty, separate S/X support line, included FSD, …).

Instead of these frequent "flip flops" on pricing and features - Tesla should announce these changes as their new strategy for S/X sales - and stop making pricing/feature changes on a weekly or monthly basis - especially when there doesn't seem to be a lot of logic behind the sequence of changes...

• Like x 7
    • Love x 1
  3. DDonahue

DDonahue New Member

I took delivery of my new Long Range Model S eight days before they announced Free Supercharging. It was the feature i most wanted. So far, nobody has been able to do anything about it, not my sales rep or tweeting to Elan, nothing.

II wish there was something i could do. I was just outside the "return it" window and so couldn't force the issue. I'm really disappointed, this is a lousy way to start a customer relationship.

• Like x 1
  4. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

If you want to feel better, think about all those folks who took delivery of an S100D just before all of the price drops. I could have pretty much gotten a P100DL for what I paid for my 100D. :eek:

You have to do a LOT of supercharging to make the slightest dent in that hit. What do you do? Roll the dice, take your chances.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  5. Xenius

Xenius Active Member

In this thread: people deciding the price they agreed on and singed for wasn't fair....again.

• Like x 5
  6. iqless

iqless Member

yeah... I am fairly sure we can all agree that Tesla prices going down is ultimately a good thing. But there's no way of lowering prices on a product without pissing some prior buyers off. Even if you convert all pending purchases to the new price, or even do a crazy thing like refund the difference to everybody who bought within the last month, there's ALWAYS gonna be someone who was the last one to pay the higher price for the same car, and they will be pissed.

• Like x 2
  7. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

I feel for you... tell the sales manager you are returning the car as a lemon due to no free supercharging. :cool:

• Like x 1
  8. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Well there’s your problem. Elan has no special connections at tesla

But also I doubt they’d be able to do anything, it’s like the old saying goes, if they do it for you they’d have to do it for everyone.

9. emulajavi

emulajavi Member

Hi. Did they included it or you’re still waiting for them to do it? Thanks!

10. schwantz

schwantz Member

I ordered the S three days prior to the FUSC offer and the sales manager was able to add it to my order. A big thumbs up for the team in Wexford, Pa.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Mikeisnomech

Mikeisnomech Member

Just seen it reported by tesla-info.com that some of the new inventory MSX cars are being listed without the unlimited supercharging option code being set. They speculate that like last time, the code was added to all existing inventory at the time of the announcement and new inventory coming through are getting missed.

I'm sure its a mistake but its a lot easy to get it sorted before you buy than have to try and argue with Tesla after you have paid and get it retrospectively applied. Or if in doubt, buy a different car.

• Like x 1
  12. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Absolutely. If there’s an option I want that’s not listed but someone at tesla says it’s included, GET IT IN WRITING.

• Like x 1
  13. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.32.2.2

FUSC was never an official Tesla option code. It's just an abbreviation that people use to describe Free Unlimited Supercharging. The original code for transferable Supercharging was SC01.

• Like x 1
  14. REckard

REckard Member

@MorrisonHiker: Yeah, just found out from EV-CPO today on another thread. Thanks for the feedback.

15. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Its not SC01 though thats being used, its SC05 which is quite different. ev-cpo don't differentiate between the two but they should as they are not the same according to other sites in that one is transferable and the other code its not.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. EV-CPO

EV-CPO Vendor

#36 EV-CPO, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Do you have any source or backup that the codes are, in fact, different?

Or are you just slamming on EV-CPO again ?

Also, there is no such thing as "transferable supercharging" on any cars currently listed on EV-CPO, so what's your point, exactly? Cars either have FUSC or they don't.

I've also heard from my sources that cars currently with "transferable supercharging" get one free transfer to the next owner. Then it changes to just "free supercharging" and is no longer transferable to the next-next owner. So even if you currently have a Model S or Model X with transferable supercharging, it will only transfer once when you sell it.

17. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

How was this confirmed? My situation:

- announced day after I ordered, NOT delivered
    - rep said it will be added don’t worry
    - car gets delivered, still says pay for sc use in my profile
    - rep promises it was updated but takes a week or two to hit my account

Same, or was yours instant?

18. schwantz

schwantz Member

FUSC appears when I click “view my design details”. I’m scheduled to take delivery tomorrow.

19. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

You state SC01 and SC05 are "Unlimited supercharging" on your code look up - why two codes for the same thing? Isn't SC05 the current code they use whereas if you look back at your pre 2017 cars they had SC01 before they got relisted and the code was changed to pay per use? What happened back then? It stopped being transferable which would support the theory that SC01 is transferable and SC05 is not.

I fail to understand why you refuse to acknowledge others may have information you don't. I see you've now copied tesla-info in giving the depreciation on used cars which presumably you've got by summing the values of the option codes, something that only a few months back when I suggested the correct autopilot codes for FSD were the ones with a financial value against and you told me I was wrong and that data couldn't be trusted. Perhaps you should take a chill pill, have some humility and say "thanks, I didn't know that, it seems to make sense at face value, I'll see if the data supports the theory" rather than try and rubbish me at every opportunity you can. Just a thought.

• Like x 1
  20. emulajavi

emulajavi Member

I’m in the same situation as you. Took delivery on Monday. Still waiting for them to fix it. I hope they stand by their word.