Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Super Charging transfer from 2nd owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of selling my Model S 90D, which has SC01 free supercharging. One of the potential buyers told me that since I was not the original owner of the car that the free super charging wouldn't transfer over properly when I sold the car. I purchased this car from Tesla as a CPO (right around when they stopped doing CPO). I can't find any information that the free supercharging, (or premium connectivity) behaving differently for the 2nd or 1st owner, just that SC01 means it follows the car versus being limited to the individual owner.

Can someone please help me figure this out, I don't want to tell potential buyers the wrong thing, or screw someone over by them assuming that they get free super charging when they won't.

Thanks!

The potential buyer is incorrect. SC01 will continue to transfer to subsequent owners provided the car does not return to Tesla.

I was the second owner of my SC01 85D; the FUSC transferred to me just fine, as it did to the second owner when I sold it last month.

Question: When did you buy it from Tesla? IIRC they stopped offering FUSC on used Teslas in 2019 - June, I think. My 85D was purchased from Tesla by the second owner in May 2019. For a while more recently they were offering SC05 FUSC on used Teslas, which does not transfer.

• Informative
Reactions: Takumi