Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharger miles expiration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had some middle of last year from a referral and they don't expire until June which is probably 12 months. Didn't they extend them due to Covid or something? Sadly I still probably won't get to use them all. Mine do show in the loot box though
I spoke to Tesla 2 weeks ago to explain I still had over 900 miles left and due to covid have been unable to go on road trips. They are expiring in a week.
I was told that last year they were extending expiry dates - but not anymore 😒

I spoke to Tesla 2 weeks ago to explain I still had over 900 miles left and due to covid have been unable to go on road trips. They are expiring in a week.
I was told that last year they were extending expiry dates - but not anymore 😒
There were some short extensions when we had the first lockdown but it soon became apparent that it would be impossible to know where to draw the line.

The referral program has ended, but I have picked up a few referrals and can confirm the date in my loot box extended an additional 6 months each time you get a new referral. We will see if they actually last that long and if Tesla removes them at any point but that is the current status.

I thought that free supercharger miles earned by using a referral link when purchasing your Tesla expired after 12 months? However, I bought my car early September 2020 and noticed today that the "Loot" box in the Android app no longer shows any mention of miles (or kWh) remaining. I can see from my usage history on Tesla's website that I should have 280kWh remaining. This makes me wonder if they have in fact expired after six months? Annoying if so as I could have used 'em if I'd realised!
How long have the vehicle referral miles been gone? App only lists referral miles for Solar now.