Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging and Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here! Let me know if you get it.
Will do. I had some paint issues where the delivery team tried to buff out a small mark and went though the paint. Second visit didn’t fix it and they said I need to have a local shop do it. So I’m still waiting to schedule that. Hopefully they take that into account, if I hadn’t taken delivery until it was fixed I’d probably fall into the appropriate timeframe.

Reactions: OhioBobcat
I suspect the era of regular end-of-quarter discounting has begun!
News of this SC deal will hit the market on Friday. It will either pump the price up smallishly, or send it spiriling downward even more. I suspect the later. The two year low is happening every day now. Musk is out of control, and Tesla is doing everything to keep sales as high as possible.

A couple of things:

1) Do we have confirmation MY qualify for the 7500 credit? I haven't seen that. It will qualify for 3750 as it's assembly is in NA. I don't think it meets the battery sourcing requirements to get the other part of the credit.

2) is there an expiration date for SC miles? It seems I remember Tesla is putting the 3750 down as a referral credit. If they are doing the same for the SC miles you would have to use them within 12 months. At least that's how the referral program would work. I have used about 3,000 SC miles over the last two years.

A couple of things:

1) Do we have confirmation MY qualify for the 7500 credit? I haven't seen that. It will qualify for 3750 as it's assembly is in NA. I don't think it meets the battery sourcing requirements to get the other part of the credit.

2) is there an expiration date for SC miles? It seems I remember Tesla is putting the 3750 down as a referral credit. If they are doing the same for the SC miles you would have to use them within 12 months. At least that's how the referral program would work. I have used about 3,000 SC miles over the last two years.
The expiration is 2 years and the program start Jan 06. The credit will show up on the Tesla App on the AccounT.

Thanks for the update, one quick question do you happen to know if the free SC miles are effective for all deliveries taken in the month of December or only for deliveries taken after December 15th
In one article it said Dec deliveries which I think might be erroneous and contrary to the reason they are offering it. I read somewhere in this thread that it is for deliveries starting from Dec 15. Maybe that is the reason it is not on the website, think how that will occupy the webpage when you combine the 3750 and mentioning the Dec 15 10000 miles. 510 is Our friend so I will ask them. I would have personally preferred a 50% discount on FSD on top of the 3750. So Tesla gains 6000-7500 revenue on top of the sales of the vehicles for this month. FSD is only software so not much loss.

Reactions: hakunamattata
In one article it said Dec deliveries which I think might be erroneous and contrary to the reason they are offering it. I read somewhere in this thread that it is for deliveries starting from Dec 15. Maybe that is the reason it is not on the website, think how that will occupy the webpage when you combine the 3750 and mentioning the Dec 15 10000 miles. 510 is Our friend so I will ask them. I would have personally preferred a 50% discount on FSD on top of the 3750. So Tesla gains 6000-7500 revenue on top of the sales of the vehicles for this month. FSD is only software so not much loss.
Thanks, I took delivery on Dec 14th and reached out to my SA too, lets see what they back with. I like the FSD idea from a shareholder perspective

not me I do not want FSD.

not me I do not want FSD.
But there will be people who will pay the extra and also it is optional so you can always go with just the 3750. It’s a Win Win and I am sure it will entice enough people who are on the fence because now they are getting 3750 + 7500 which is more than the 7500 tax credit. At the end of the day it is marketing ploy and how much it benefits the company with less loss is what counts.

BTW I just received the text from the 510 Friend and it mentioned ’this month’. We will see how it goes.
“Customers who take delivery of a new Model Y this month will receive $3,750 toward their order as well as 10,000 free Supercharging miles”

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy Hippo
Status
Not open for further replies.