Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging and Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
With the change in guidance for battery sourcing in regards to the tax credit (meaning the Y should now qualify for the full $7,500 for Jan and Feb), I have to wonder if this will put more pressure on them to add another incentive for next week. Doesn't help that the stock continues to get hammered.

Bet on it. The official decision on the IRA tax credit is now not expected until the beginning of the second quarter of 2023.

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Congrats to those who waited till now! Definitely kicking myself a bit for taking delivery at the $3750 discount level but nothing I can do at this point.
One key takeaway though for the future is you can't trust Tesla so buy at the last possible moment!

Also sell that Tesla stock - serious demand issues for sure if they're offering discounts like this!
Same here kicking myself for not waiting another week or so. Although I might buy TSLA stock on the dip, I think it has some growth potential to cover for the $3750 lost opportunity :)

Should be noted that this isn't all about the tax credit. Canada is now offered $5000 off and the 10K supercharger credits in December and we have no such tax credit looming.

I'm sure the tax credit had a lot to do with the US discounts but it seems it has now become a big problem with sitting inventory.

I can't believe how fast everything changed....waiting for my car for 8 months from March, switching options just to get it in October instead of my original estimate of December. Now I could have just walked in and bought my original order (no options MSM color) with March pricing and a $5000 discount.....Tesla is in trouble.

Looks like you can get into the Custom order page again. Yesterday you couldn't. Still looks like a custom order MYP is estimated for December but who knows if they can get it to you that fast or not?

Reactions: Mike7564 and tonyz1
Status
Not open for further replies.