Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging end date no longer listed on Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally had 6 months' worth of free supercharging listed on my Tesla account, since I used someone's referral code last year. Then after the announcement of the $35,000 Model 3, I got another 3 month's added, since I never test drove it. Then, as of today, my Tesla account now lists "Free Supercharging is Currently Enabled" without an end date. Can someone who truly has Unlimited Free Supercharging let me know if they have a similar message, or is this just wishful thinking on my part, since I'm one that bought EAP for $5,500 after my trial and am contemplating adding FSD for another $2k. It would be a great perk to get the free unlimited supercharging for life, since I'm willing to pay the extra for the FSD versus others that get AP and FSD for less, and I'm still very happy with the car pricing quirks and all.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
Just checked and I now have the same message as OP and the end date is gone. Pretty sure this has happened before and the date came back, but with the volatility in Tesla's policies recently, who knows what's next. Maybe it's a reward for purchasing FSD.....nah, just kidding.

I originally had 6 months' worth of free supercharging listed on my Tesla account, since I used someone's referral code last year. Then after the announcement of the $35,000 Model 3, I got another 3 month's added, since I never test drove it. Then, as of today, my Tesla account now lists "Free Supercharging is Currently Enabled" without an end date. Can someone who truly has Unlimited Free Supercharging let me know if they have a similar message, or is this just wishful thinking on my part, since I'm one that bought EAP for $5,500 after my trial and am contemplating adding FSD for another $2k. It would be a great perk to get the free unlimited supercharging for life, since I'm willing to pay the extra for the FSD versus others that get AP and FSD for less, and I'm still very happy with the car pricing quirks and all.
15527879867326574955365941401750.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
BTW op, just checked my account and it says "free unlimited supercharging is now enabled" like yours. I have 6 months supercharging that should be expiring in may (may 5th). This same thing happened a month ago.. I had "6 month supercharging" in my account, then it switched to say what it says right now, a bunch of people posted about it, then 2 days later it switched to showing a specific date.

at this point, I would recommend just using it and checking when you get close(er) to your actual cutoff date. I suspect they will "fix" this, but for me it means very little as I dont supercharge much at all. I have one 2 miles from my house, but have home charging and feel that superchargers should be for travelers, not locals... so I dont use it even though its free.

I do have free unlimited supercharging for the life of the vehicle so long as I own it. My Tesla account has never shown any expiration date or any such thing at all from day one.

This is what my Tesla account states:

Supercharging Status
Free Supercharging until May 11, 2019

I still haven't been charged for SC yet! Should I complain? Or should I let it go until I get billed? I just don't want to get a bill for $1000 at the end of the year because I SC a lot... I took delivery of our M3 in Nov 2018 and had the free SC for 6 months.