Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging for in September

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit : Cant edit the subject :rolleyes: - it should ay "free supercharging for orders in september"

I ordered a Model S using my referral code in September and have taken delivery of the car. However, my account doesn't show that I have free unlimited supercharging. My delivery advisor claims that it will take effect at some point, but I haven't seen it yet. Has anyone had a similar experience ? i.e. having ordered using a referral code, did you get the free supercharging right away or did it take a while to appear in your account ?
Thanks!

Edit : Cant edit the subject :rolleyes: - it should ay "free supercharging for orders in september"

I ordered a Model S using my referral code in September and have taken delivery of the car. However, my account doesn't show that I have free unlimited supercharging. My delivery advisor claims that it will take effect at some point, but I haven't seen it yet. Has anyone had a similar experience ? i.e. having ordered using a referral code, did you get the free supercharging right away or did it take a while to appear in your account ?
Thanks!

Yes, that happened to me as well. Although you are given 400 kWh per year free with the purchase of a new X or S, my account didn't show free unlimited supercharging until around 3-4 weeks after taking possession. A few phone calls and/or emails should rectify your problem. In the interim, should you keep "supercharging" and at some point it shows that "this session cost you $*.**", bear in mind that they will eventually credit your account and make it right.

• Informative
Reactions: masam
Go on your account
Submit a question under manage account
I actually submitted a question for executive review and got a generic reply about how they are busy and this is a manual process. Kinda hard to believe that this is done manually. I think there might a software developer or two in the Bay Area who might be able to help :)

@Bill Price - Thank you for the confirmation! Good to know that it can be resolved. As much as I've enjoyed my Tesla ordering and delivery experiences, I am a bit skeptical about promises they make that I don't have in writing.

I actually submitted a question for executive review and got a generic reply about how they are busy and this is a manual process. Kinda hard to believe that this is done manually. I think there might a software developer or two in the Bay Area who might be able to help :)

@Bill Price - Thank you for the confirmation! Good to know that it can be resolved. As much as I've enjoyed my Tesla ordering and delivery experiences, I am a bit skeptical about promises they make that I don't have in writing.

@masam - Perhaps if you actually called their 24/7 support line [1-877-798-3752], you can escalate a rectification to your problem much sooner? The downside is the wait time in queue before actually talking to a representative. Last time I called I think it took me 10-15 minutes, which is still vastly superior to talking to a rep at Microsoft?

My new order/car shows the same, as in, it doesn’t show Free Supercharging for six months. I think as usual these will be fixed retroactively in batches and there’s no reason to waste your and support’s time. But you can call if you wish. Recommend early on a weekday as weekends are always slammed. :D

Good luck, Tesla told me they would reimburse me for travel expenses to pick up my Model S and they never did. With Tesla, you have to get everything taken care of prior to delivery or you won't see it. Hopefully, they will make it right for you.