TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Free Supercharging for Life Model 3 Performance

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Wooloomooloo, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

I thought this would have been posted by now but I don't see it - last night I got an email from Tesla saying my Model 3 Performance (I have the PUP as well) would come with lifetime free supercharging. This is obviously an amazing deal considering even more expensive models don't come with it any more.

I do wonder if this is an incentive because orders are low, or a reward they decided to throw in for people who have opted for the more expensive car as an added value proposition.

Regardless, I'm very happy about it.

• Like x 1
  2. forkee

forkee Member

Yup! Got the email too! :)

3. VLTWGGN

VLTWGGN Member

I got the email too, but I called Tesla Support to figure out when it would post. They said that they are backlogged 1-2weeks to push the updates to both the account and the car, so I should expect it becoming active shortly.

They also said that they would most likely figure out a way to void the charges for any SC activity we were already charged for, minus idle fees if any.

4. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

Sounds good - I don't have my car yet (estimated Aug - Oct) so I am sure it will be done before I get delivery.

5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

6. Skione65

Skione65 Member

I configured with FSD when I ordered as well but haven’t received the email yet. (got the “Free SuperCharging for Life” email). I knew the price would go up so I wanted to stave that off. I also knew there would likely be a hardware updgrade needed for FSD as well driving the increased cost.

Ski

7. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Is this now showing up in people's accounts? I just got my P3D+ delivered today and my account says Pay Per Use SuperCharge. Wonder if I should call them or if it's normal and it'll show up eventually.

8. bomquito

bomquito Member

Be patient. It will show up.

Try to supercharge and see if you get charged for it.

9. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

In no rush. Can totally wait. Was just curious why a brand new delivery would not see it in the account. But I will go and see if I get dinged for a SuperCharge.

10. bomquito

bomquito Member

Keep us updated

11. BYE FSL

BYE FSL Member

One department may say you got it but whoever does the accounts doesn’t get the memo. I have been on them for 6 weeks to no avail. Extremely incompetent.

12. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Dont think it’s incompetence. They’re just experiencing the growing pains of very rapid growth. I’ve personally yet to encounter people at Tesla who didn’t care. They may not always be ideally set up to solve problems but overall, they try to help. At least that’s my experience.

13. brandonee916

brandonee916 Member

Mine is the same.... my card did get charged... I was assured that any charges will be refunded and account updated within 3-4 weeks post delivery.

14. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

I finally called and they said my account indeed showed Free Supercharging.

I’m currently at the SC. Can’t tell if I’m getting charged. I’ll check my card later.

15. brandonee916

brandonee916 Member

How long did it take for resolution to your account?

16. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

My account still says Pay Per Use but support said that on their side they saw I had free Supercharging. So far, my credit card is showing no sign of the Supercharge from earlier his afternoon but I guess it could take longer.