Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging for Life Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this would have been posted by now but I don't see it - last night I got an email from Tesla saying my Model 3 Performance (I have the PUP as well) would come with lifetime free supercharging. This is obviously an amazing deal considering even more expensive models don't come with it any more.

I do wonder if this is an incentive because orders are low, or a reward they decided to throw in for people who have opted for the more expensive car as an added value proposition.

Regardless, I'm very happy about it.

Reactions: adaptabl
I got the email too, but I called Tesla Support to figure out when it would post. They said that they are backlogged 1-2weeks to push the updates to both the account and the car, so I should expect it becoming active shortly.

They also said that they would most likely figure out a way to void the charges for any SC activity we were already charged for, minus idle fees if any.

I got the email too, but I called Tesla Support to figure out when it would post. They said that they are backlogged 1-2weeks to push the updates to both the account and the car, so I should expect it becoming active shortly.

They also said that they would most likely figure out a way to void the charges for any SC activity we were already charged for, minus idle fees if any.

Sounds good - I don't have my car yet (estimated Aug - Oct) so I am sure it will be done before I get delivery.

I received the email.....along with ANOTHER free notification for free hardware upgrade for FSD purchasers.....which is me also.

Tesla’s new Autopilot hardware upgrade will be free for owners with the $3,000 to $5,000 ‘Full Self-Driving’ package

I configured with FSD when I ordered as well but haven’t received the email yet. (got the “Free SuperCharging for Life” email). I knew the price would go up so I wanted to stave that off. I also knew there would likely be a hardware updgrade needed for FSD as well driving the increased cost.

Ski

One department may say you got it but whoever does the accounts doesn’t get the memo. I have been on them for 6 weeks to no avail. Extremely incompetent.

Dont think it’s incompetence. They’re just experiencing the growing pains of very rapid growth. I’ve personally yet to encounter people at Tesla who didn’t care. They may not always be ideally set up to solve problems but overall, they try to help. At least that’s my experience.

I am approaching 2 months post delivery and was supposed to have free supercharging on my P3D. I have emailed several times and was told to be patient. I can supercharge but my homepage still says pay per use. I am beginning to wonder if this is an accounting type of issue. When they activate free supercharging do they also subtract a certain amount of profit from the vehicle (around $3000?). That would explain the delay...otherwise I am getting tired of this. I have been a Tesla owner since 2012. "Soon" only goes so far.