Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging is currently enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm.. the only time I remember free Supercharging being handed out is when Tesla enabled it for people in a hurricane's path. As your location indicates SLO, are you near one of California's current wildfires?

People up here in Santa Cruz / San Mateo / Contra Costa counties probably should have also be given this if that's the case.

Reactions: RedModel3
Wow, me too and I am in Chicago?!?! Not complaining, but this is a 2018 with no reason for free SC.

Specs
Long Range All-Wheel Drive

All Black Premium Interior

Red Multi-Coat

18’’ Aero Wheels

Enhanced Autopilot

Full Self-Driving Capability

Acceleration Boost

Free Supercharging is currently enabled

Reactions: hcdavis3
4cs77d.jpg

I used a Supercharger today, it was almost $10 and I'm not seeing a charge to my card, so I guess it's true that Tesla is giving out free Supercharging in my area because of the fires, even though the closest fire is over 2 hours away. Thank you Tesla!

When I would randomly get a free Supercharger session, the normal cost would be on the bottom of the screen and then magically change to $0.00 as I left the station. The sessions are listed on my Tesla account (under History).

Well, it looks like the only reason my account wasn't charged is because I hadn't changed the expiration date to my updated card. I got an email from Tesla saying I owed them for today's Supercharge. All I can say is just wow! Apparently I don't get free Supercharging for my area, even though the details on my account for the car says "Free Supercharging is Currently Available". Anyone here know why my account shows that then?