Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging is currently enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it looks like the only reason my account wasn't charged is because I hadn't changed the expiration date to my updated card. I got an email from Tesla saying I owed them for today's Supercharge. All I can say is just wow! Apparently I don't get free Supercharging for my area, even though the details on my account for the car says "Free Supercharging is Currently Available". Anyone here know why my account shows that then?

Are you affected by the fires? Or just looking for a freebie?

I’m seeing free supercharging on my account also for my Model 3. I’m located in Oregon so maybe it’s in areas where the wildfires are happening, even though I’m not directly affected.

I’ve had my car for 2 years and previously had free supercharging for the first 6 months after delivery.

Attachments

• 856EB6D4-7223-4ADD-84C9-53B9DB79F731.jpeg
    856EB6D4-7223-4ADD-84C9-53B9DB79F731.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 69
Are you affected by the fires? Or just looking for a freebie?
As I already said, I'm not affected by the fires, other then the bad air quality and ash here. And no, I'm not looking for a freebie! Read my first post. When I bought my Model 3 I had 6 months of free Supercharging and the details for my car reflected that. When it ended it didn't show "Free Supercharging is Currently Enabled", like it shows now. Since I'm not getting free Supercharging, it shouldn't show that.

Seems like Tesla has always had problems with keeping track of free vs. pay-as-you-go Supercharging billing. I was never eligible for any free Supercharging. Didn't get it when I bought the car; haven't had anybody use my referral code; not living in any area graced by Tesla for getting free juice due to some act of Mother Nature. But, there's five times a charge session shows up in my History as being billed at $0.00 (at just over a year of ownership), at a location that had billed me both before and after those freebies. And there's half-a-dozen times I was at both the Glendale, CA and Kettleman City, CA Superchargers that don't show up in my History at all AND they were never billed to my credit card.

free_supercharging.jpg

I've expanded one of these sessions to show that I didn't have any credit on my account, that I indeed sucked on some juice, but wasn't billed.

"The first rule about getting free Supercharging when you're not supposed to is: you don't talk about getting free Supercharging when you're not supposed to."

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about it, but it also sounds like Tesla has been "accidentally" allowing non-Tesla cars to use their supercharging network. I suppose that means it's only fair for us to get some free use!

That's in Europe and it's been fixed already. No EVs in the US share the same plug as Teslas so no one else can charge at Superchargers.