Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging Model 3 Performance Issue (Q3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi So I got the Performance model 3 And Ordered it on August 5th I had the reservation from earlier. Anyhow I did call them I believe in Aug 6th or 7th in order to attach the referral code to my order so I can get the free supercharging.

So Tesla customer service said they will attach the code within few days.

I called back I believe August 11th 2018 to confirm and they stated I will get free supercharging and the order has been attached with the referral code.

Before taking delivery I reconfirmed with Tesla that referral code was attached they send email on Sept 13th confirming that referral code has been attached.

So after taking delivery the very first month I believe I did not get any charge when charging at supercharging stations.

Even though car show pay per use I confirm with Tesla customer service they said You are good it is just showing in the account as pay per use but as long you are not getting charged do NOT worry about it.

So I ignored.

Anyhow Now I am getting charged for supercharging. I did call tesla they said they will take a week or so to resolve this. Its been more than a week and seem like every time I am getting different answers to they have to check with my delivery advisor to account department needs to take care off it. Call back Monday and so on..

Does anyone having similar issue or did someone had an issue and got it resolved if yes Please can someone advise me what to do to get this resolved.

Thank You!

Yes. Same issue. I wrote them. I called them. They are aware of it. It’s a problem with most accounts. But still no fix. Quite problematic. Especially since they say they will offer free supercharging or $5k back yet they don’t even post the free supercharging correctly in the 1st place. So keep written emails and documents because TESLA is NOT to be trusted. What is true today is not true tomorrow. Great car but terrible service.

I ordered a M3P car in May and got an email in August indicating that I was going to receive free supercharging. I took delivery of the car in October and decided to see if it got free supercharging. It didn't and so a couple of days ago I called the the Tesla service number and after a very long wait on hold talked to a very nice support person and after some checking she said I did indeed qualify for free supercharging and she told me they would fix the problem but it would take about a week to be corrected.

I'm waiting!

• Funny
Reactions: FranceUSA
Remove your card from your account if you want, it should not impact super charging (this advice given me by Tesla when we sold a car and didn't want new owner charging on our account before switch over)

No card, no charges, delivery was 8/3/2018 so similar to yours. Account still does not say free super charging, I suspect it will be a long time..

Reactions: FranceUSA
I agree with the previous post, try removing the card from your account.

I took delivery end of July. Never been charged, although my account (like every account?) still says "pay-per-use". I'm just going to continue to supercharge for free until they offer me the $5k refund. The longer they take, the more money they lose... o_O

Wow So I guess there is no solution for this for anyone except removing the credit card from account, By the way Once we remove the car do we get any bills in mail because then last thing I want is to fight if it goes to collection or something.

I agree with the previous post, try removing the card from your account.

I took delivery end of July. Never been charged, although my account (like every account?) still says "pay-per-use". I'm just going to continue to supercharge for free until they offer me the $5k refund. The longer they take, the more money they lose... o_O

That's essentially what I'm doing....