Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging not honored by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my model X in December 2018. It was supposed to come with 3 years of free supercharging promised by the salesperson at the Santa Monica, CA store and I was charged during my trip from LA to Vegas using the Barstow supercharger. I called Tesla and they sorted it out. However, after 6 months of ownership, Tesla started incurring charges to my credit card while using the superchargers. I have been communicating with Tesla support and the salesperson who sold me the car for months. Countless emails and complaints later, nothing was resolved. They have made several ETA on the resolution but they all ended in delays.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s extremely frustrating and inconvenient and I feel cheated by Tesla especially I feel like all they need to do is to apply a code to my Tesla account which shouldn’t be difficult to do at all...

I bought my model X in December 2018. It was supposed to come with 3 years of free supercharging promised by the salesperson at the Santa Monica, CA store and I was charged during my trip from LA to Vegas using the Barstow supercharger. I called Tesla and they sorted it out. However, after 6 months of ownership, Tesla started incurring charges to my credit card while using the superchargers. I have been communicating with Tesla support and the salesperson who sold me the car for months. Countless emails and complaints later, nothing was resolved. They have made several ETA on the resolution but they all ended in delays.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s extremely frustrating and inconvenient and I feel cheated by Tesla especially I feel like all they need to do is to apply a code to my Tesla account which shouldn’t be difficult to do at all...

A few others have run into the same issue (had or promised free Supercharging and it was removed out not added). It's a game of waiting when it comes to Tesla. You can keep calling them. Check in the battery and charging sub forum here to see what others have done.

^^^this

unless you have it written somewhere in your build specs, your SOL
Tesla raved about how different their sales experience was that you no longer had to deal with shady salespeople either telling you BS to get the sale or reneging on promises post-sale, yet this doesn't seem to be the reality it seems. I wonder if this was more of a case of an SA lacking the details of the offer?

Tesla raved about how different their sales experience was that you no longer had to deal with shady salespeople either telling you BS to get the sale or reneging on promises post-sale, yet this doesn't seem to be the reality it seems. I wonder if this was more of a case of an SA lacking the details of the offer?

It sucks that a shady salesperson can ruin someone's perception of a company, but that's the truth. Tesla needs to be more transparent about these perks - right now sales people can just promise the moon and customers have no way of verifying until after they buy. I remember being nervous when my sales rep told me that my lifetime supercharging would post to my account "in a few days."

Luckily I haven't had any issues so far but I could have easily gotten screwed. Tesla needs to have some on-the-record way for salespeople to offer incentives. Right now they can offer anything and it might not align with what actually happens in Tesla's backend systems.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Both the salesperson and the Tesla referral department confirmed that I was supposed to get 3 years of free supercharging. I'm still bugging them about it and it still has not been resolved. I'm considering hiring an auto fraud attorney. Thank you for the responses.