Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging on service mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, because they plug it in the gen 3 tesla chargers. What happens when they put it in the supercharger whilst being in service mode?
Whenever the car has been in for scheduled work at a service centre, Supercharging has been free. I’ve plugged the car into a Supercharger both before and after the work and it’s charged for free and also charged out of Service Mode.

On the last occasion, it was still in Service Mode when I returned and I managed to move it to a SuperCharger for some free charging before getting the final bill.

I think it’s related to having an appointment rather than Service Mode.

Upvote 0
When I took my car in to get the bodywork issues sorted last year the top up charge I did afterwards at the SC was free, the car was still in service mode when I started the charge. It made me feel marginally better about having to take half a day off work to take the car to get delivery issues sorted.

Reactions: M1tch
Upvote 0
Try it and share

I have no idea at all if that would actually work, but on the small percentage change it does work "sharing " that fact should be the last thing the OP should do, if the goal is what it appears to be with the question (play robin hood).

Sharing that would ensure that tesla would do something about it (again, if it worked, I have no idea if it does). Tesla does trawl online (both here and other places), and something like that being reported would blow up VERY fast. Its possible (for example) that tesla then implements something to restrict service mode back to the way it was before (geofenced, or only working when at a service center).

So, yeah, OP try it if you want, but if it does, your best bet is simply to let the topic drop (if you intend to use it) unless you are trying to get a bounty for reporting bugs to tesla or something.

Upvote 1