Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging still not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I supposedly got free supercharging when I ordered the car, but it still shows pay per use and today's supercharging sessions just showed up on my credit card.

Does anyone with a P3D show free lifetime charging in their account rather than pay per use? Is anyone who is supposed to be getting free charging actually getting it?

• Informative
Reactions: Wooloomooloo
So I supposedly got free supercharging when I ordered the car, but it still shows pay per use and today's supercharging sessions just showed up on my credit card.

Does anyone with a P3D show free lifetime charging in their account rather than pay per use? Is anyone who is supposed to be getting free charging actually getting it?
My P3D+ shows pay per use in my account information, but it never actually charged me for supercharging. I called the service center they are saying that my car shows unlimited supercharging on their end and it may take some time to show on my end(account infor).

I asked Tesla about this. Here's what they said:

"I just want to let you know that this is a known issue that we are currently getting resolved as soon as possible. Please disregard any outstanding balances if you do have unlimited supercharging. Give us a call for any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for being a huge part of Tesla."

• Informative
Reactions: clostridium

"I just want to let you know that this is a known issue that we are currently getting resolved as soon as possible. Please disregard any outstanding balances if you do have unlimited supercharging. Give us a call for any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for being a huge part of Tesla."

I'll be happy to disregard it, but if it shows up on my card, they're getting a chargeback!

Reactions: mal_tsla
My P3D+ shows pay per use in my account information, but it never actually charged me for supercharging. I called the service center they are saying that my car shows unlimited supercharging on their end and it may take some time to show on my end(account infor).
Same for me. Account shows pay per use, car has never charged me.

does anyone think this is acceptable?

my account shows pay per use...

in my attempts to illustrate the absurd,

I’ve been told my account can’t/won’t
ever show free supercharging because
it’s part of a reward, although it isn’t...

I’ve been told my account can’t/won’t
ever show free supercharging because
the next owner won’t get free supercharging?
yet the next owner won’t get use of my account?

I keep hearing that owners escalate problems,
how does one escalate a problem?
each request i’ve made ends up with rep
giving me the snail mail address to write???

anyone here can express the escalate path?

I’ve tried to get this same issue resolved since I received my P3D+ four weeks ago. When I log into my account, the vehicle details section does not show that my vehicle is the Performance Model nor that it has the Performance Upgrade. I had assumed this is why “pay per use” was still listed. I am waiting to see what comes up on my credit card. I have not been impressed with Tesla employees. They lack information and courage (authority) to resolve this and other simple issues.

Lots of threads on this - my account as well. I handled it by removing the credit card from my account (suggested by Tesla when we sold a previous car to prevent new owner charges)

Not one charge has shown up (not sure where it would at this point), nor any failure to super charge. Knock on wood..

I tested out the superchargers the first week I had the car, and saw no charges. But like all of you, my account says "pay per use" and I am accumulating SC charges since last week. I'm also aware that they're working out some kinks and I hope they resolve it soon.

Ditto - I also have free supercharging but it shows as pay per use. My credit card has (so far) not been charged.

I'm being charged now and I got this little gem tonight:

qelj384sNTyZ00JbviDoEoDy6F5-KkwGySPPzM98lTvAHuYA_g_nVBrArQjDugOGZWDWSa-s4bL8bjgbmHnPq0Z3QzN2Nnf8zTessUndGPRCMoUG-AbJn9EDuoPLaX48CM0Y_M7k7-CjyQ-jtmsuqdeID9kKNoLri5kO=s0-d-e1-ft

Supercharger Payment Needed
We noticed your Tesla account doesn’t have a valid Supercharger payment method on file.

To keep your Supercharger access enabled, please pay by adding payment information to your Tesla account. Learn more