Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging still not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla gem of the day... I called service today to complain about the email I received and the rep told my my unlimited supercharging was actually only good for 400kw per year. I think that’s wrong isn’t it? Unfortunately I have no paperwork for the supercharging:(

My tesla gem of the day... I called service today to complain about the email I received and the rep told my my unlimited supercharging was actually only good for 400kw per year. I think that’s wrong isn’t it? Unfortunately I have no paperwork for the supercharging:(

Did you get an email from Tesla saying you had unlimited supercharging? I got the following email randomly on August 6th which came about a month after putting my second deposit down and 2 months before I actually took delivery. (I cleared out my referral code so it doesn't look like I'm trolling for referrals) Note that my account still says "pay per use supercharging". I haven't yet had a chance to actually supercharge since I got the car 5 days ago and have been super busy. I did take my credit card off my account as someone else on this thread recommended.

I don't believe that I have any other official paperwork that says either unlimited supercharging or anything that says I got the lifetime mobile subscription.

-------

Hi Craig,
We just added free, unlimited Supercharging to your Model 3 Performance.

In addition, you can also participate in the Tesla Referral Program and give unlimited Supercharging to five friends who purchase Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance until September 16. From that point on, orders placed with a referral code will receive free Supercharging for one year instead of unlimited.
Share your referral code: xxxxxxxxxx
As a thank you, we’ll send you exclusive awards for your referrals—including a drivable Tesla Model S for Kids, a Signature Black Wall Connector, and an invitation to our next unveiling event. You can track your referrals through the Tesla App, or check out the full program details here.

Thank you for helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

-----

I thought there was no more free supercharging and it was all done by credits?

M3 Mx get $400 and Model3 get $100 if using a referral code?

There have been so many changes that it's no surprise that even Tesla staff appear confused about what's going on. Below is what I think is true based on reviewing the Tesla referral program page and some articles on Teslarati and also the emails Tesla has sent me:

Model S, X, and Performance 3's purchased before 9/19 got lifetime free supercharging with a referral. Performance 3's purchased before the announcement that P3D's were included in supercharging incentives (like my situation) were told they didn't need a referral to have it because they couldn't know ahead of time they needed one.

The 400 kWh allocation a year is what Model S and X purchasers get now and Model 3 purchasers get no allowance. With a referral I believe it gets them the $100 credit and then for some of them also 6 months of free supercharging but only for those between 9/19 and 10/19.

Further confusing things is that they ran an incentive program that gave a year of free supercharging for purchasers of inventory cars (including Model 3's that weren't performance variants) to help the Q3 sales rush but that is done now. Until they change things tomorrow...

So from what I was promised by my SC rep, I think I have unlimited, not the 400kw... I received an email from the rep about it, but it's not a legal document by any stretch. Really frustrated with my experiences so far. It's unlike any other company I've dealt with in the past. Not in a good way.

just received a utah support tesla email,
rep asked me to check my account, as
it should accurately describe free supercharging
per AWD performance model 3 purchase?

of course, nothing had changed in my account,
still says pay per use supercharging $0.26 kwh.

why do tesla reps refer to perf model 3 free SCing
as a referral benefit, when it was a term in purchase?

just received a utah support tesla email,
rep asked me to check my account, as
it should accurately describe free supercharging
per AWD performance model 3 purchase?

of course, nothing had changed in my account,
still says pay per use supercharging $0.26 kwh.

why do tesla reps refer to perf model 3 free SCing
as a referral benefit, when it was a term in purchase?
Probably because some were included without referral and some weren’t. The amount of wrong info coming from tesla folks is crazy.

When I purchased and later accepted delivery my Tesla Model 3 with premium interior (Glendale CA, Dec 11 ,2018) I have been clearly promised FREE use of Tesla Supercharger for 6 months - to the end of June 2019. The promise was made verbally by Tesla salesman at the store.

Lo and behold- I realized that my account detail has this incorrect note: "Supercharging status/ Pay per use supercharging"

And indeed, I've checked my credit card statement, after my first charge (on Dec 27 in Temecula CA)- Tesla did not honor its promise and helped itself to $5.98.

So I Emailed them- please:
1. Honor your promise and change the "Supercharging Status" on my account to: FREE for 6 months
2. Credit me for the $5.98 (or if you can't, just extend my free status for another month

I AM WAITING FOR RESPONSE

Well,
Within 2 hours (on Sunday morning) I have received a satisfactory response from my salesman in Glendale:

" I apologize that you were charged. I will make sure to follow up to ensure the 6 months free supercharging is active on your account. I will also make sure that you receive a credit for the charge that you received. "

THANK YOU

I realize that there are some people who charge on superchargers only who will save a fair amount of money with 6 mo promotion. But for 90+ percent of us it is probably not worth stressing over. It took almost 2 months for my free supercharging promotion to show up in my account, and I spend about $50 on supercharging so far. So for me, the value of this promotion is $200 (at best).