Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

free supercharging transfer cutoff?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to do some searches but it's confusing because information seemed to change a lot over time.

I purchased an inventory X in oct 2017.

When I check my car in tesla.com it says that free supercharging will not transfer if i sell the car.

But in articles like this: Tesla's Free Lifetime Supercharging Policy Gets New December 31, 2017 Deadline it seems to indicate that since I bought my car before 12/31/2017 it should transfer.

Anyone know the official policy?

I tried to do some searches but it's confusing because information seemed to change a lot over time.

I purchased an inventory X in oct 2017.

When I check my car in tesla.com it says that free supercharging will not transfer if i sell the car.

But in articles like this: Tesla's Free Lifetime Supercharging Policy Gets New December 31, 2017 Deadline it seems to indicate that since I bought my car before 12/31/2017 it should transfer.

Anyone know the official policy?

The lifetime of the car free transfer thingy ended around January 2017. I do not recall the change that the article you linked to mentions, and I purchased in Jan 2017 (picked up in March) so I was watching. My car initially did not have unlimited charging, then it changed to unlimited for the duration of my ownership. That change was around June.

All from memory, of course.

As @MIT_S60 mentioned, free Supercharging for the life of the car was supposed to end on 12/31/16. It was extended a couple of weeks for orders placed by 1/15/17. Cars ordered for a few months after 1/15/17 initially got NO free Supercharging. Later, when the ability to share free Supercharging was added to the referral program, those cars from early 2017 gained free Supercharging for the original owner. As with free Supercharging via referral codes since 2017, the Supercharging on those cars does not transfer when the car is sold.