Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The third party dealers don't know what they are talking about with making claims about "cars at auction" and they don't even know anything about normal cars and their history when they come from auction. I've had situations where I KNEW the history of a car (knew the owner and the VIN specifically) and saw that car later and the amount of smoke the dealer was blowing at me about the history.... If I listed the things that were true, it would have been a shorter list.

So don't trust anything a dealer says. Trust what you can independently verify. When a seller deletes the car from their app and it isn't transferred to someone else immediately, Tesla knows the car is "not owned" and I SUSPECT that they sometimes might take the opportunity to strip it then - despite the legal murkiness about that. A car that is not owned will allow supercharging, but that by itself is NOT an indicator because there's nobody to bill for the supercharging - no app linked. You cannot add the car to your app unless you own it, they will want to see the registration. Even sale paperwork is acceptable to claim it.

It won't help you confirm FUSC, but if a non-owned car shows "included package" for the premium connectivity, then that is a strong indicator that it has not been stripped. If it shows nothing, or an expiration date... Then it is much more likely that it has been stripped.

I have a 2014 S 90RWD with FUSC that I'd be willing to sell, but it won't be cheap because "I know what I have" and I can prove that it has FUSC code SC01.

The third party dealers don't know what they are talking about with making claims about "cars at auction"
You're right. Had one dealer tell me his 2015 85D did not originally come with free Supercharging. "Only 2013s came with it"!

When a seller deletes the car from their app and it isn't transferred to someone else immediately, Tesla knows the car is "not owned" and I SUSPECT that they sometimes might take the opportunity to strip it then - despite the legal murkiness about that.
I suspect the same. Unfortunately that limits me to private sellers. Used Tesla prices fell so fast many private sellers are actually asking MORE than dealers, which is crazy.

It won't help you confirm FUSC, but if a non-owned car shows "included package" for the premium connectivity, then that is a strong indicator that it has not been stripped. If it shows nothing, or an expiration date... Then it is much more likely that it has been stripped.
Good tip, thanks.

I have a 2014 S 90RWD with FUSC that I'd be willing to sell, but it won't be cheap because "I know what I have" and I can prove that it has FUSC code SC01.
How did you get a 90 kWh pack in 2014? Or is it a replacement pack?

It is a replacement pack. Brand new 350v 90kwh pack installed May2022 right at the end of the warranty. They let it out the door as a 90 and then tried to lock it down to 60 after the fact and hold it for ransom. It didn't go well for them. I'm "that guy" that was in the news in July 2022.

• Funny
Reactions: Doggydogworld