Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did any Model 3's other than the Performance (for a short time) get this? I recently purchased a 2017 which was one of the first cars made (VIN: 000431) and it was purchased from an employee. The car has been removed from his account and added to mine. I have no referrals and thus no free supercharging credits yet when I supercharge with this car the on screen display does not show a per kWh cost as the other Model 3's I rented did. It also doesn't show the cost of the session when it shows "last supercharging session". Likewise no charges appear in my history tab under My Tesla.

I'm just trying to anticipate if and when I'm going to need to pay for supercharging on this car.

Log in to your account on the website. Click the black MANAGE button. Then click the VIEW DETAILS button. On the right your Supercharger Status will show either "Pay Per Use Supercharging" (like mine) or approximately "Unlimited Free Supercharging" (not mine, so exact words may be different).

The exact quote is:

"You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle."

I would look at your credit card statement at the end of the month. You know, the one you used to help but the car....

Is this supposed to be snark? Do you not think I did that?

Log in to your account on the website. Click the black MANAGE button. Then click the VIEW DETAILS button. On the right your Supercharger Status will show either "Pay Per Use Supercharging" (like mine) or approximately "Unlimited Free Supercharging" (not mine, so exact words may be different).

Thank you. It says pay per use however...

I know more than one person that has pay-for-use supercharging, has used an SC but goes here Tesla SSO – Login and no charges (you have to be logged in of course)

Curious if there are others with free-pay-for-use-supercharging

No charges for me either. I'm coming from a Model S but in the Model 3's I've rented over the last couple years they always would show the per-kwh cost when you clicked on a station. Mine does not do this. It only shows idle fees. Likewise they would show the last supercharging session under the charging tab and then show the associated charge. Mine also does not show this.

The car was employee owned and I'm wondering if perhaps they flag the VIN for unlimited charging? I'm fully expecting to pay but just curious why the car's configuration seems to be set up to suggest that it's unlimited and I'm not getting charged for these visits nor are they even showing up on my account history.

Last edited:
According to this article:

Tesla brings back free Supercharging to inventory cars and Model 3 to help sell cars in end of quarter rush - Electrek

It looks like just the performance models got it, although it also mentions they could offer a year free on other models!

Looks like it is dead anyway:

Tesla removes 'free unlimited Supercharging' from its used cars - Electrek

If you go to the Tesla configurable page for an X or an S when you see your configuration at the end Free Unlimited Supercharging is included. It is not for the 3. Suspect designed to encourage purchase of X or S.

Reactions: Msjulie