Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if free supercharging would be applicable to my account (both my cars) or just the Y purchased on year-end.

Just a guess, but if Tesla is giving free SC to you as part of a promotion like this, especially if unlimited, then I'd assume it would be linked to that car only. However if you refer another buyer and get XXX SC miles for that referral, then those should be usable on any vehicle linked to your account. But what do I know, not everything Tesla and Elon does make sense to me...

Honestly, I haven't had time to post on it yet but my Y I picked up on the 12th was perfect. I didn't find any issues with it on delivery day and have driven it 300 miles since and not found any issues. At least I don't think I have any. I do have a complaint that the driver side mirror doesn't adjust as far left and up as I normally like, but I'm not yet sure if that's a "problem" or just the limit of how far it goes. Don't know any other local Y owner to compare with yet. But otherwise totally flawless. Not even panel gaps. And they were insanely busy that day. My delivery rep was working with 4 deliveries at once. It was fine because it gave me plenty of time to inspect the car on my own without anyone hovering over me (and apparently one of her deliveries had TONS of questions so she was very happy to have me just inspect, sign, and drive off lol)
Since you mentioned your side mirror adjustment, have you seen this thread? Someone posted a DIY fix.

2021 Model Y Sideview Mirrors Limited Adjustability

• Informative
Reactions: Picasso
Honestly, I haven't had time to post on it yet but my Y I picked up on the 12th was perfect. I didn't find any issues with it on delivery day and have driven it 300 miles since and not found any issues. At least I don't think I have any. I do have a complaint that the driver side mirror doesn't adjust as far left and up as I normally like, but I'm not yet sure if that's a "problem" or just the limit of how far it goes. Don't know any other local Y owner to compare with yet. But otherwise totally flawless. Not even panel gaps. And they were insanely busy that day. My delivery rep was working with 4 deliveries at once. It was fine because it gave me plenty of time to inspect the car on my own without anyone hovering over me (and apparently one of her deliveries had TONS of questions so she was very happy to have me just inspect, sign, and drive off lol)
I have the same issue with my mirror. I called the mobile service out to fix it and he checked it but said the mechanism was operating as designed. So my take is that it was poorly designed, or designed for full self driving where we don’t need side view mirrors maybe? Lol

Is the free supercharging with the VIN or the person?

Any time there is unlimited super charging for life or some period of time, it will be tied to a VIN and not an account. If there is some finite amount of SC miles issued, like if another person buys a Tesla using your referral code, then it will tied to your user account and can be used by any Tesla linked to your account. At least that is how it was explained to me, which makes sense. Otherwise it would be abused by households who have multiple Teslas linked to a single account, and each one could SC for free, which is not the intent of the incentive.

Any time there is unlimited super charging for life or some period of time, it will be tied to a VIN and not an account. If there is some finite amount of SC miles issued, like if another person buys a Tesla using your referral code, then it will tied to your user account and can be used by any Tesla linked to your account. At least that is how it was explained to me, which makes sense. Otherwise it would be abused by households who have multiple Teslas linked to a single account, and each one could SC for free, which is not the intent of the incentive.

Yeah I was wondering if it woudl stay with my Y if I sold it but these deals are normally not transferable. But it would be cool if I got it in my loot box for the X I am buying LOL

I have the same issue with my mirror. I called the mobile service out to fix it and he checked it but said the mechanism was operating as designed. So my take is that it was poorly designed, or designed for full self driving where we don’t need side view mirrors maybe? Lol
There is a fix for that. It was posted somewhere in the forum, I believe. In involved removing a couple of tabs that limit the movement. Someone actually had a mobile tech do it for him.

I took delivery on 12/30 and used a supercharger on 01/02 that cost me about $10.00 but I did not see a charge to my account. So it looks like the free supercharging is already active. Just today I received my referral 1K miles in the Loot Box. Life is good! :)

It's an issue with when they added the heated mirrors to them. There is a stop tab in the housing that is too long. Mobile Service just fixed mine today. You just need to call them out again. See this thread if you want to try to fix it yourself instead: 2021 Model Y Sideview Mirrors Limited Adjustability

EDIT: I just looked that the invoice for the service (it was free but there is still an invoice.) The notes state "Adjusted drivers mirror per toolbox article #3114200". So when you have them come back out putting notes to reference that might help you.

Last edited:
In case of free year of Supercharging, when you Supercharge does the transaction show up in your history with $0 as the amount, similar to what happens with referral miles?

Is there a way to verify that free supercharging got added to your car or is it just charge and see what happens?
I've supercharged twice since I picked up my MY and my history shows "No supercharging history found for this search period". And no payments have posted to my "payment method" in my bank account.