Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can confirm that I wasn't charged for supercharging tonight. Was kind of weird because the car just showed the cost from my last paid session the whole time like it was the current session. When done however it still showed the previous session (before tonight's session) as the last session. Seems like their systems aren't really designed for giving away a free supercharging. Bet some developer really hated Elon the day he tweeted that.

Reactions: ahcpa
Can confirm that I wasn't charged for supercharging tonight. Was kind of weird because the car just showed the cost from my last paid session the whole time like it was the current session. When done however it still showed the previous session (before tonight's session) as the last session. Seems like their systems aren't really designed for giving away a free supercharging. Bet some developer really hated Elon the day he tweeted that.

This has been my experience, as well. 4 Supercharger visits, still showing the 1st one. (VIN 88xxx, delivered 12/26.)

I called customer care yesterday and they said they can see internally that my account has one year free supercharging enabled for my account, however it doesn't reflect under account details.

When I did supercharging yesterday night, my card wasn't charged.

Same - took delivery 12/30, still saying pay per use under account.

Called customer care and they researched and got back to me and said:

"
Hey!
I just checked and you have unlimited supercharging as of 1/1/21
It will not show in your tesla account but it does show in our back-end system."

Going to a SC later today and will confirm.

Reactions: Der Kaiser
I took delivery 12/30 and it looks like Free Supercharging for one year has not kicked in for me as of yet. Went to a SC yesterday and although I didn't get charged but I did get miles deducted from my free 1000 miles referral SC. I'll wait a few more days to contact my SA or is there another way to contact Tesla to inquire about the yearly free SC?

upload_2021-1-18_8-26-17.png

For everyone that is still wondering if they have the promo applied, simple solution:

Go to Tesla support page Tesla SSO - Sign In and chat with a rep. They will tell you when your free supercharging was active since. Mine was since 1/4.

That seems like a waste of their already limited time. If in doubt, one could simply plug in at a supercharger for a minute and see if it bills or if it’s free.

That seems like a waste of their already limited time. If in doubt, one could simply plug in at a supercharger for a minute and see if it bills or if it’s free.
I disagree. Support reps are specifically hired to provide customer support. It's not like they are delivery center employees. You are literally contacting the department that is there to support you.

Some people aren't close to a supercharger, or simply don't want to leave home. Tesla should be able to tell you while you are home, and customers should not have to go to a supercharger to find out what they could find out online/over the phone.

This mentality is why Tesla customer service will never improve, because customers will just keep accepting their poor service.

Last edited:
I disagree. Support reps are specifically hired to provide customer support. It's not like they are delivery center employees. You are literally contacting the department that is there to support you.

Some people aren't close to a supercharger, or simply don't want to leave home. Tesla should be able to tell you while you are home, and customers should not have to go to a supercharger to find out what they could find out online/over the phone.

This mentally is why Tesla customer service will never improve, because customers will just keep accepting their poor service.

I suppose that’s one way of looking at it.