Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received notice from our salesperson that all cars purchased this quarter (the notice came to him at 2pm and they are "grandfathering" the whole quarter into it) through the end of June are getting Free Supercharging for life added.

Anyone else hear this also?

It's going to piss off a lot of people in Q1 honestly more than those that rushed I think. Particularly those that had to pay a change fee to change to the 100D (after waiting for production since the year before) to both lose supercharging and then to "lose" it again had they just waited a few more months.

Reactions: JHWJR
Some guy on Reddit claiming that supercharging is now tied to MyTesla not VIN, so the owner gets free supercharging for life on all Tesla cars. Believe it when I see the press release, but just another weirdness in the story.

I for one would not mind that.

It's going to piss off a lot of people in Q1 honestly more than those that rushed I think. Particularly those that had to pay a change fee to change to the 100D (after waiting for production since the year before) to both lose supercharging and then to "lose" it again had they just waited a few more months.

I agree with this, at least the 100D owners can chalk it up to the extra $1000 increase on the 100D. The 75D owners who bought in Feb/Mar dont get free supercharging and paid thousands more.

Sounds like a dumb idea and makes me worry about Tesla's demand. I don't see any reason for this unless Model S and X demand has softened considerably and they're not getting orders and they think it's because people are waiting for the III.

First there were the significant price cuts along with the increased standard content, and now free supercharging.

What else can they do or will they do to increase demand?

If I had to guess, this is because Tesla still hasn't figured out a reasonable way to charge for Supercharger use. "We'll log it and charge you for all of it the next time you're in for service" was a dumb idea.

They charge my credit card for each Supercharger stop. However My Tesla is not showing that payment section right now.

It was idle fees that were to be charged at service center visits and no one seems to have been charged yet.

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.