TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Free supercharing for life ?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020+' started by SanDiegoGuy, Apr 21, 2018.

1. SanDiegoGuy

SanDiegoGuy Member

I made a down payment of the 2020 Tesla Roadster but did not use any special referral code from anyone. I heard that you can get free supercharging if you use the referral code. Will I still get free supercharging if I buy the Roadster in 2020? With such an expensive car, I thought that they would throw in the supercharging for free.

2. jareade

jareade Member

No one could use a referral code for the 2020 Roadster. The referral codes are only valid on the S and X. Let’s hope that Tesla provides free supercharging on the 2020 Roadster in any event!

3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

You don't use a referral code when putting a reservation (i.e. down payment) on a Tesla. When you actually order/configure your car, you will be asked for a referral code.

Andrew

• Informative x 1
  5. SanDiegoGuy

SanDiegoGuy Member

Thanks for the clarification guys. Now I know.

6. azita

azita Member

Yeah no Roadster referrals available. That said, I suspect they’d include free supercharging with one. Can’t imagine they’re lump the Roadster with the 3! Maybe if you refer a Roadster buyer, they’ll give you a free 3! Haha

7. Amit519

Amit519 Roadster dreams!!

Agree with your concern @SanDiegoGuy.
    Who wants to wait forever, almost twice as long as their 100D or P100D takes to charge, while in their garage on a 100A HPWC? The Roadster 2020 has to have free supercharging for life.

8. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Your argument is based on a false premise. It's not about how much you have to charge — it's about how much you're driving in total. I can't see a 2020 Roadster owner somehow driving twice as much they would in a 100kWh Model S or X. And with a 100A HPWC you'll still charge the car from zero in roughly 12 hours.

• Like x 1
  9. Monkey

Monkey Member

I’m betting the Founders’ Edition Roadsters will have unlimited supercharging. ...And the non Founders one probably gets it too, but I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

10. Only

Only Member

For the price of the carm I expect Tesla to include www.FreeUnlimitedSupercharging.com

Aaaaand if they don't, feel free to use my referral code when you order!

• Disagree x 1