Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharing for life ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a down payment of the 2020 Tesla Roadster but did not use any special referral code from anyone. I heard that you can get free supercharging if you use the referral code. Will I still get free supercharging if I buy the Roadster in 2020? With such an expensive car, I thought that they would throw in the supercharging for free.

I made a down payment of the 2020 Tesla Roadster but did not use any special referral code from anyone. I heard that you can get free supercharging if you use the referral code. Will I still get free supercharging if I buy the Roadster in 2020? With such an expensive car, I thought that they would throw in the supercharging for free.

No one could use a referral code for the 2020 Roadster. The referral codes are only valid on the S and X. Let’s hope that Tesla provides free supercharging on the 2020 Roadster in any event!

You don't use a referral code when putting a reservation (i.e. down payment) on a Tesla. When you actually order/configure your car, you will be asked for a referral code.

Andrew

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
Agree with your concern @SanDiegoGuy.
Who wants to wait forever, almost twice as long as their 100D or P100D takes to charge, while in their garage on a 100A HPWC? The Roadster 2020 has to have free supercharging for life.
Your argument is based on a false premise. It's not about how much you have to charge — it's about how much you're driving in total. I can't see a 2020 Roadster owner somehow driving twice as much they would in a 100kWh Model S or X. And with a 100A HPWC you'll still charge the car from zero in roughly 12 hours.

Reactions: Amit519