TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Free Tesla Powerwalls in New Zealand to 100 lucky households: An experiment

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by lgemming, Aug 18, 2015.

1. lgemming

lgemming New Member

Vector is the power line company in Auckland, New Zealand largest city. To evaluate the use of solar combined with the Tesla Powerwall they are giving away 100 free installations to Auckland residents and free power for 10 years. Its a pretty neat scheme. Its good to see New Zealand trialing Tesla Energy products quickly. Tesla's still a relativity unknown name among most New Zealanders but this promotion is definitely changing that.

To win residents just need to be in the top 100 votes and currently you only need about 50 votes to be in the top 100 with 11 days to go. I'm not a home owner yet, so couldn't nominate myself. Naturally though I nominated my auntie, Robyn Barrie. She's a bit of a hippie and lives on a Island off Auckland called Waiheke, they often have power cuts and are an eco-friendly community so are a great future use case for this technology. :)

If you would like to see the promotion its here http://vectorfutureofenergy.co.nz/page/robynbarrie

Well your checking it out, you could vote for my lovely auntie Robyn Barrie, Shes a very deserving candidate....