TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Free Tesla Wall Connector from LADWP

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by GKwey, Mar 17, 2018.

1. GKwey

GKwey Member

LADWP is offering $500 rebate if you install a Tesla wall connector at your residence. So If you have been using NEMA 14-50 outlet, it’s time to get this free upgrade to a connector. If you have installed a connector but never get the rebate for it previously, submit you rebate request now before it expires (though a bit tricky as you may need a receipt with purchase date within qualified time frame).

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Have you (or others) successfully received a rebate for a HPWC? The program terms are pretty clear that the rebate is only valid for EVSEs with J1772 plugs...

3. GKwey

GKwey Member

Please refer to the highlighted in the attached file. Tesla wall connector is clearly identified in item 3 as a qualified charger. Yes, I got the rebate and check image is also attached.

Other pertinent information: This current rebate expires 6-30-18; so you have a little over 3 months to get your rebate--one per each Tesla vehicle. So if you purchased the Tesla wall connectors since March 1, 2016 and have not submitted your request for rebates, it's time to dig the receipts out and claim your rebates.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  4. jgd108

jgd108 Member

#4 jgd108, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Nice!
    Although points 10 and 11 are worrisome..

Too bad I'm in OC and it looks like the SCAQMD rebate is based on income, and asks for inspection to be done so it nullifies the rebate for me..

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  5. Heredia

Heredia Member

I'm about to apply for the new LADWP rebate, it runs from July 1,2018 - June 30, 2021 can someone help me out? The application is asking for a serial number on my Tesla Wall Connector, do you know where I can locate it? Any leads or visuals would help. Thank you

6. GerX

GerX New Member

Hello,
    I am facing the same problem. Did you find the serial number?
    Thanks!

7. DirigoM3P

DirigoM3P New Member

Anyone ever find the serial number? Trying to fill out the rebate app now myself.

8. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Anybody ever figure out where the serial number is?

9. ShawnA

ShawnA Supporting Member

Hi All,

It's on the label with the part number and red RESET button...

Charger.JPG

Shawn

• Helpful x 1
  10. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

So it's the "STSN"? I was confused which of all of those was the correct one.

11. ShawnA

ShawnA Supporting Member

Hi @Pkmmte,

It would be my inference that (P)TPN would be Tesla Part Number and
    (S)TSN would be Tesla Serial Number...

Nothing anywhere else on the part resembles a serial number...

Shawn

• Informative x 1