Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Tesla Wall Connector from LADWP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LADWP is offering $500 rebate if you install a Tesla wall connector at your residence. So If you have been using NEMA 14-50 outlet, it’s time to get this free upgrade to a connector. If you have installed a connector but never get the rebate for it previously, submit you rebate request now before it expires (though a bit tricky as you may need a receipt with purchase date within qualified time frame).

Have you (or others) successfully received a rebate for a HPWC? The program terms are pretty clear that the rebate is only valid for EVSEs with J1772 plugs...

Please refer to the highlighted in the attached file. Tesla wall connector is clearly identified in item 3 as a qualified charger. Yes, I got the rebate and check image is also attached.

Other pertinent information: This current rebate expires 6-30-18; so you have a little over 3 months to get your rebate--one per each Tesla vehicle. So if you purchased the Tesla wall connectors since March 1, 2016 and have not submitted your request for rebates, it's time to dig the receipts out and claim your rebates.

Attachments

• CCI17032018.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 265
Nice!
Although points 10 and 11 are worrisome..

Too bad I'm in OC and it looks like the SCAQMD rebate is based on income, and asks for inspection to be done so it nullifies the rebate for me..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 9.01.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 9.01.48 PM.png
    634.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: swaltner
I'm about to apply for the new LADWP rebate, it runs from July 1,2018 - June 30, 2021 can someone help me out? The application is asking for a serial number on my Tesla Wall Connector, do you know where I can locate it? Any leads or visuals would help. Thank you

I'm about to apply for the new LADWP rebate, it runs from July 1,2018 - June 30, 2021 can someone help me out? The application is asking for a serial number on my Tesla Wall Connector, do you know where I can locate it? Any leads or visuals would help. Thank you

Hello,
I am facing the same problem. Did you find the serial number?
Thanks!