Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free unlimited supercharging and premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice all off sudden you’ve got free unlimited supercharging and premium connectivity?
Bought my ‘16 MS from Tesla in February, picked it up in GA and drove it home to DC (supercharging and getting billed the whole way). I looked at my car info page on tesla.com yesterday and it says I have free unlimited supercharging and free unlimited premium connectivity!
Glitch?
COVID19 crisis response?

Reactions: Tam
Man...it's so tough to keep up with these changes. Lol.

Anyways, I was curious to see what they're doing today and it looks like that have some pre-owned cars with FUSC available for purchase today.
image.png

That may be the case for some but mine didn’t have that listed when I bought it and I was charged for SC when I took the maiden voyage home.
I’m not complaining and I’ll surely take it if it’s legit but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed it...

I already had premium connectivity but not unlimited supercharging and I also noticed this changed recently. My guess is that it is either a glitch (I haven’t actually tried supercharging to see if I get charged or not) or a temporary thing due to COVID-19

Reactions: house9
Anyone else notice all off sudden you’ve got free unlimited supercharging and premium connectivity?
Bought my ‘16 MS from Tesla in February, picked it up in GA and drove it home to DC (supercharging and getting billed the whole way). I looked at my car info page on tesla.com yesterday and it says I have free unlimited supercharging and free unlimited premium connectivity!
Glitch?
COVID19 crisis response?

what does it say here under your Tesla SSO – Login

Well if someone lost a job and couldn't afford their charging anymore...

But, yeah, with stay-at-home directives, probably shouldn't be driving much anymore.
I’d assume someone who owns a model s can afford at least a few months of expenses.

although from personal experience back in my single days I had 2 model S’s and had no problem blowing through my paycheck as soon as I got it.

Glitch?
COVID19 crisis response?
I bought mine with similar time and year. My account still says pay per use supercharging. However my connectivity now says free unlimited.

That’s where I found out ;-)
I can also go to my billing page and see when I was billed for the super charging on my maiden voyage.
I don’t SC often at all so it’s not that big a deal to me but I was just curious.

they must have done something for CPO S only. It happened to me once.twice when there were billing issues with free SC, but my 3 account still says pay SC and Standard Connectivity

Glitch?
COVID19 crisis response?

I have a very similar story I got my '14 AP1 model s in November, picked it up in GA and drove it home to DC (supercharging and getting billed the whole way). I looked at my car info page on tesla.com recently and noticed free supercharging. I Looked at my billing history and notice I wasn't charged for my last trip that had 14 charging stops. will update if/when things change

I have a very similar story I got my '14 AP1 model s in November, picked it up in GA and drove it home to DC (supercharging and getting billed the whole way). I looked at my car info page on tesla.com recently and noticed free supercharging. I Looked at my billing history and notice I wasn't charged for my last trip that had 14 charging stops. will update if/when things change
That's a pretty crazy coincidence! Are you mysteriously getting free unlimited premium connectivity as well?

this thread made me curious. So checked on mine.
For history: Bought my 2017 Model s directly from Tesla in Dec 2017. Per my paperwork, Came with one year of premium connectivity and FUSC. But the FUSC wasnt in place. Had to show my local SC my paperwork, and they confirmed I should have it. In a day or two, I did get my FUSC.
However, my online account has always shown "Pay per Use" supercharging but i've never been charged.
My car shows that my connectivity expires Dec 2020. However, my online account shows "free unlimited" for connectivity.

On a separate note, on my Iphone app, appears to be no way to delete old entries from my Inbox.

One would think that at this point and as a tech company, Tesla would be a bit more on top of things with regards to accuracy and consistency in their stuff