Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Unlimited Supercharging back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not all that hard to understand

Then: Not sustainable = can't afford to pay for it for the much much larger number of people that will be paying for Model 3/Y. So phase it out.

Today: With cheaper alternatives, need more incentives to keep people buying and the more expensive S and X. So, ring back free supercharging.

If Tesla was really serious about selling more S and X cars they would update to battery packs to have the newer cells like the model 3 has today. Why is it that the top of the line car charges slower than the mid priced model 3 ?

When I look at the price of the AWD 3 and compare that to the Model S its about 32,000 USD more. For that money I get 370 miles of range as compared to 310 miles of range on the 3. Seems kind of pricey to me.

Update the Model S with a 420+ mile range and the same charging speed as the 3 and I will order one tomorrow.
Patience

• Funny
Reactions: KJD
We were recently in an Atlanta Porsche dealership looking at Cayenne and Macan. They still had 2 new 2018’s left over! They’re closing out 2019’s and 2018’s at the same time. That doesn’t indicate strong demand to me.

I believe the vast majority of high-end buyers are still not ready to go EV. So, even if MS and MX had everything the ICE vehicles have, most Buyers would pass on Tesla.

Not really. Just test drove a fully equipped 2019 Macon S today. I really wanted to order one for my wife. But it just feels so sluggish, and PDK gear shifting is not smooth. Interior is nicer, sure, but that's it.

If Tesla was really serious about selling more S and X cars they would update to battery packs to have the newer cells like the model 3 has today. Why is it that the top of the line car charges slower than the mid priced model 3 ?

When I look at the price of the AWD 3 and compare that to the Model S its about 32,000 USD more. For that money I get 370 miles of range as compared to 310 miles of range on the 3. Seems kind of pricey to me.

Update the Model S with a 420+ mile range and the same charging speed as the 3 and I will order one tomorrow.

S is not about range only. 3 is just too small for a lot of people. And ride quality is that good as well.

Reactions: erik_k
Many S/X owners spent (far) more $$ on their S/X than any previous vehicle, and would have strongly considered a lower priced 3/Y, if they had been available.

So it's not surprising Tesla has seen a decline in sales of S/X - though overall S/X are still among the highest volume vehicles in their price class.

A major problem Tesla created was the lack of differentiation between the lower priced 3 and the higher priced S/X, aggravated by the presence of V3 supercharger in 3 and not yet available for S/X.

Even though S/X will become a smaller portion of Tesla's overall sales - it is still an important segment for Tesla to defend (against the lower volume luxury brands - Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, …).

Tesla needs to add V3 supercharging to S/X as soon as they can (which they will likely be doing in the next 12 months). They also need to provide more features for S/X customers vs. 3/Y.

Providing FUSC as a standard feature for S/X is a good start. Additional benefits for S/X owners they should consider:
  • Providing free 4 year/50K mile maintenance
  • Extending the warranty to 8 year/100K miles
  • Providing loaners during service projected to last more than a day
  • Providing a separate S/X customer support line (with faster response)
  • Bundling FSD in all S/X vehicles
Over the past 12 months, Tesla has significantly lowered S/X sales price - they could bundle additional features, add a small price increase - and likely see increased sales.

And they really do need to slow down the frequency of model/feature/pricing changes...

I am a "serial car lessee" and just ordered my 4th Tesla to replace a Model X coming up for lease expiration. Before I ultimately submitted my order, I corresponded with the Ownership Loyalty Team to express my disappointment that they were unwilling to extend the FUSC benefit that I have had on my previous and current Model S and Model X. It really bothered me that they seemed disinterested in providing incentives for current lessees to continue their relationships with Tesla, and while I totally understand that Tesla is concerned about increased demand on the SC network with all of the Model 3s on the road, I did not see why they felt it necessary to punish me for my continued loyalty. Our current Model X is an early VIN and I was told that if I had I elected to purchase the vehicle at the conclusion of the lease, the FUSC benefit would have continued, but to replace it with a brand-new (and more expensive Model X) would end the benefit. This made absolutely no sense to me and had me seriously thinking about whether or not I wanted to continue my relationship with this company that I have supported and promoted for years.

Well, my wife finally told me "get over it" and I ordered her a new Model X last week. To my great surprise, the gentleman I dealt with from the Ownership Loyalty team reached out to me today to let me know that the FUSC benefit had returned, and despite the fact that I ordered it one day before they reinstated the benefit, he manually added it to my account. Don't get me wrong, I was pleasantly surprised by this news and expressed my appreciation to him for doing the right thing by me, but gosh, why they feel the need to be so fickle is beyond me! They almost lost a long-term customer over this...

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
Electrek article mentions they saw an internal memo that confirms it’s original owner only.

This is also common sense given the lengths Tesla is currently going through to remove it from used cars that pass through their possession. Giving it to the first owner only provides basically all of the sales incentive without committing them to a perpetual benefit for owners down the road they’d rather sell new cars to.

It remains to be seen. I just bought a 2013 first week of July, and i can confirm that it has FSC for life transfered to me as well. and my account still says it will transfer to the next owner.

It remains to be seen. I just bought a 2013 first week of July, and i can confirm that it has FSC for life transfered to me as well. and my account still says it will transfer to the next owner.

What remains to be seen?

The current FUSC promotion is for the original owner only.

Tesla is aggressively removing supercharging from cars that pass through them (and apparently trying the same shenanigans with third party dealers as well). This started sometime around the beginning of July.

How did you buy your car, and from whom?

I am a "serial car lessee" and just ordered my 4th Tesla to replace a Model X coming up for lease expiration. Before I ultimately submitted my order, I corresponded with the Ownership Loyalty Team to express my disappointment that they were unwilling to extend the FUSC benefit that I have had on my previous and current Model S and Model X. It really bothered me that they seemed disinterested in providing incentives for current lessees to continue their relationships with Tesla, and while I totally understand that Tesla is concerned about increased demand on the SC network with all of the Model 3s on the road, I did not see why they felt it necessary to punish me for my continued loyalty. Our current Model X is an early VIN and I was told that if I had I elected to purchase the vehicle at the conclusion of the lease, the FUSC benefit would have continued, but to replace it with a brand-new (and more expensive Model X) would end the benefit. This made absolutely no sense to me and had me seriously thinking about whether or not I wanted to continue my relationship with this company that I have supported and promoted for years.

Well, my wife finally told me "get over it" and I ordered her a new Model X last week. To my great surprise, the gentleman I dealt with from the Ownership Loyalty team reached out to me today to let me know that the FUSC benefit had returned, and despite the fact that I ordered it one day before they reinstated the benefit, he manually added it to my account. Don't get me wrong, I was pleasantly surprised by this news and expressed my appreciation to him for doing the right thing by me, but gosh, why they feel the need to be so fickle is beyond me! They almost lost a long-term customer over this...

When in doubt, do what your wife says

Here is what my contract says; of course this might be changed if I trade it into Tesla and they resell it.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 6.21.47 PM.png

I agree it makes more sense at this period of time to allow FUSC for the initial owner only.

Well, the prevailing theory on this forum was that deliveries for the S/X dropped because it was not being refreshed and people were waiting for the Ravens. Well, this kind of shows that even the Ravens is not selling as much as desired. That is not to say it isn’t selling well, just maybe not up to the levels that Tesla wants it to be at.

Need a more significant refresh as Taycan approaches. I was buying a Raven but then saw that likeTesla (Kim) video about all the new things possibly coming and canceled till there is some movement on battery , Maxwell and the September/October pick up reveal .

Need a more significant refresh as Taycan approaches. I was buying a Raven but then saw that likeTesla (Kim) video about all the new things possibly coming and canceled till there is some movement on battery , Maxwell and the September/October pick up reveal .

I keep looking for the Porsche supercharger locations . . . . still haven't seen any :(