Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Unlimited Supercharging back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was poking at the Model S configurator for a Performance just now and noticed that the summary screen that listed the features included FUSC (see highlight on screen capture).

Anyone know if this is for real and if so when this offer expires?

index.php

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-08-03 070739.png
    Annotation 2019-08-03 070739.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,497
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Saxgod and Big Earl
Tesla has tremendous amounts of internal data they can constantly use to tweek pricing to match demand to production. They would be crazy not to use it.

It is unsettling to buyers, wanting to always get the absolute best deal when they are making their purchase. Elon says the best time to buy a new Tesla is when you need one :) Makes it hard to game the system.

Reactions: bhzmark
Tesla has tremendous amounts of internal data they can constantly use to tweek pricing to match demand to production. They would be crazy not to use it.

It is unsettling to buyers, wanting to always get the absolute best deal when they are making their purchase. Elon says the best time to buy a new Tesla is when you need one :) Makes it hard to game the system.

Well, it seems like one can always wait and get free supercharging unless they’re in a bind to buy a car right away. FUSC keeps on going away and coming back so often.

No demand problem for S and X. o_O

For some reason this constant changing of the policy really irritates me. Pick one way or the other and then live with it.

This is the Tesla way.

while(){

delete($FEATURE)
sleep($RAND)
add($FEATURE)

}

Stimulate demand by threatening to take something away, then stimulate again when you give it back a few months later.

Slimy sales tactics that erode trust, but apparently effective in the short term.

Original owner only. Life of the car is probably the only free supercharging iteration that will never come back.

Can you find that in writing? I looked at all the small print available on our Canadian website and found nothing about FUSC rules. But I did find this: How does this make it to print? Apparently there is no-one editing it properly:

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 12.28.47 PM.png

Can you find that in writing?

Electrek article mentions they saw an internal memo that confirms it’s original owner only.

This is also common sense given the lengths Tesla is currently going through to remove it from used cars that pass through their possession. Giving it to the first owner only provides basically all of the sales incentive without committing them to a perpetual benefit for owners down the road they’d rather sell new cars to.

Reactions: Big Earl