TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Free Unlimited Supercharging Extended Until 1/15

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by caltechkid, Jan 1, 2017.

1. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

#21 dgpcolorado, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    You may be right but I'd guess that I did about 2500 kWh of Supercharging last year so I'd say that it depends a lot on what one wants to use the car for. If it's just a local commuter car with infrequent road trips, that usage wouldn't need the Superchargers much. But some of us enjoy making road trips to visit family, friends, as well as National Parks and the like; the Tesla Supercharger network makes that easy and fun.

Being retired I have only a one-day-a-week commute to a volunteer job; the ability to do local driving as well as thousand mile road trips was the whole point of trading my LEAF and ICEV for a Model S. For those who spend 250 days a year commuting I can see that long road trips and Supercharging are likely to be less of a concern. The new 400 kWh/year free plan will work well for many.

2. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Does anyone know the regional charged rates of the kWhs now that is after 1/1/17?

3. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

My guess is that it will be extended even after the 15th.

4. houdini

houdini Member

I hope you're right as I'm still trying to make the numbers match up to get an order in and don't think I'll make it by the 15th :(

5. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Assuming it's $15 to fill up a 90... it would of be a savings of $150 per year for me.

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

It indeed will be my car once I get my Model 3, as others have already pointed out. The color, however, may vary. I agree it is gorgeous and that's one of many reasons I'm opting for a Model 3 rather than a Bolt EV or anything else.

7. stigmeister

stigmeister Member

My DS informed me (in the UK) that the date of order was the important one. Then the date you select for delivery has to be within the limit set.

So originally 1st Jan then 1st April. If I had selected May delivery I would not have qualified for the free SC. However if my build was delayed due to Tesla, then it would be honoured.

So this is down to your choices on dates, not what Tesla actually achieve in getting the car to you. They won't punish you for their mix up/slow production. Which is good as I ordered in Nov 2016 and I'm now getting late April/early May as a delivery date, from the original Feb delivery available.