Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Unlimited Supercharging Extended Until 1/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if that many people actually use over 400kw at supercharges in a year?

I'm sure there are some that do... but I bet most would never even benefit from unlimited vs 400kw.

I don't think I would.
You may be right but I'd guess that I did about 2500 kWh of Supercharging last year so I'd say that it depends a lot on what one wants to use the car for. If it's just a local commuter car with infrequent road trips, that usage wouldn't need the Superchargers much. But some of us enjoy making road trips to visit family, friends, as well as National Parks and the like; the Tesla Supercharger network makes that easy and fun.

Being retired I have only a one-day-a-week commute to a volunteer job; the ability to do local driving as well as thousand mile road trips was the whole point of trading my LEAF and ICEV for a Model S. For those who spend 250 days a year commuting I can see that long road trips and Supercharging are likely to be less of a concern. The new 400 kWh/year free plan will work well for many.

Last edited:
Hi Bluestar! Love the car in your pic...your ride? If so, can you provide me specs? Thanks!

Gorgeous car!
It indeed will be my car once I get my Model 3, as others have already pointed out. The color, however, may vary. I agree it is gorgeous and that's one of many reasons I'm opting for a Model 3 rather than a Bolt EV or anything else.

My DS informed me (in the UK) that the date of order was the important one. Then the date you select for delivery has to be within the limit set.

So originally 1st Jan then 1st April. If I had selected May delivery I would not have qualified for the free SC. However if my build was delayed due to Tesla, then it would be honoured.

So this is down to your choices on dates, not what Tesla actually achieve in getting the car to you. They won't punish you for their mix up/slow production. Which is good as I ordered in Nov 2016 and I'm now getting late April/early May as a delivery date, from the original Feb delivery available.