Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Freemont delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tour would be cool, but no necessary.
Noted that it's not FREEmont, I never could spell...

There's no financial incentive to go (I would still have a delivery fee.)

So, is there a timing reason to go? I'm in LosAngeles, so I wouldn't expect HUGE delays, but if I order now, I'm not getting delivery until the end of the quarter/year so I'm wondering if going up north would get me faster or better delivery experience.

The drive home would just be fun.

So, the question really is; Does picking up at Fremont get me a faster or better delivery experience?
Otherwise, I would be in the San Fernando Valley - not sure if that would be Canoga Park, Van Nuys SC or Burbank.

Thoughts?

The reason for me to pick up in Fremont was initially to have a better chance to get it before the end of September and the .99% interest rate. I ordered on 8/30 and was told probably 6 weeks or the middle of October. Once I was confirmed I was told there is a good chance of getting by the end of September so I ask would it be better to fly up (from LA) to save a day or 2 and a better chance. They said yes.

So, then I decided to do that and also take the Factory tour since I was there. A lot of the Tour is on Youtube so I could have missed it but I am glad I took the tour. Not much chance I would go back. I actually picked up my car on 9/28 but I think it may have been ready on 9/26 so maybe would have been ok for a LA pickup.

And, my son lives in Madera so that would be nice first day drive there and we took a road trip to Bass Lake while there since I have wanted to go for a while. And the final drive home was a nice road trip as well.

Regarding delivery experience. I was not that impressed. I felt the experience was rushed. I had a test drive before ordering and I watched a lot of youtube videos so pretty familiar with the car (mainly autopilot) but I was fully expecting a much more detailed review on "my" car going thru all of the options. Anyway, one thing I did not remember was how to change the menu options on the display behind the steering wheel. But since I was early for the Factory Tour one of the guys there helped me get more familiar with things. Also, right when he was finishing up I got the update to 2017.38 so we applied it while I was on the tour. The other thing that they did not show me which would have been nice was to actually charge the car. It may seem silly but I was not sure how to UNPLUG it. Lucky some other Tesla owners were at a Supercharge to help me out. Anyway, I think they could have spent maybe 15-30 minutes more. Seems like we just setup my profile and bluetooth for my phone and that was it for the delivery. Very fast.

The tour would be cool, but no necessary.
Noted that it's not FREEmont, I never could spell...

There's no financial incentive to go (I would still have a delivery fee.)

So, is there a timing reason to go? I'm in LosAngeles, so I wouldn't expect HUGE delays, but if I order now, I'm not getting delivery until the end of the quarter/year so I'm wondering if going up north would get me faster or better delivery experience.

The drive home would just be fun.

So, the question really is; Does picking up at Fremont get me a faster or better delivery experience?
Otherwise, I would be in the San Fernando Valley - not sure if that would be Canoga Park, Van Nuys SC or Burbank.

Thoughts?

If you decide to wait for delivery here, it will be at a SC or SC-plus-store location ... so Van Nuys or Burbank, not Topanga.

FWIW, I’ve been well treated by Van Nuys in my 2.5 years of ownership.