Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Moderator note: this Supercharger location never became operational and the pedestals were removed in Aug 2018, in Mar 2019 four V3 pedestals were activated and it was used as a test site but was not opened to the public)

Someone posted on EAASV's Facebook page:
William Davis

Looks to be about 20 pedestals located just down the road from the factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PtG62901
Any way to post the photos for the Facebook challenged folk?

20 stalls? Woah mama!

edit: got it
ka1t1w.jpg

Last edited:
That is great. Fremont was always full when I visited. Glad to see they are building these to help the situation. I can already hear the complains from owners outside of California how spoiled California is with Superchargers.

Could be that they're planning to close down the factory location to the public? I've noticed the couple times I've been there half or more of the stalls are pre-delivery vehicles being shuffled around. Might help with security too, since they're effectively providing 24h access to factory grounds for anyone driving a Model S.

.. so what is access to Fremont #2 ? Same or different exit from freeway?
Hasn't been "coned" yet on supercharge.info yet.

Fremont #2 -
Looks like it is a few blocks south of the mothership factory at 47400 Kato Rd. Closest exit from freeway 880 seems to be Warren Ave then turn south on Kato frontage road.

With 20 SC's it seems plausible this will be for owners/ travellers Superchargers to use since it is off campus
and the Factory SC's will be for factory cars as production ramps up ( X's and 3's) IMO.:rolleyes:

Fremont #2 -
Looks like it is a few blocks south of the mothership factory at 47400 Kato Rd. Closest exit from freeway 880 seems to be Warren Ave then turn south on Kato frontage road.

With 20 SC's it seems plausible this will be for owners/ travellers Superchargers to use since it is off campus
and the Factory SC's will be for factory cars as production ramps up ( X's and 3's) IMO.:rolleyes:

There is remodeling going on at Fremont #1 waiting area now. I wonder if this is related to Fremont #2 coming and
perhaps Fremont 1 will be for new delivery owners ? Anyone got specifics?

Could be that they're planning to close down the factory location to the public? I've noticed the couple times I've been there half or more of the stalls are pre-delivery vehicles being shuffled around. Might help with security too, since they're effectively providing 24h access to factory grounds for anyone driving a Model S.

I am thinking that is likely to happen. It would make sense. No real reason to have a 20 stall SC so close to the Fremont factory SC.

That makes a ton of sense... I was using the SC there a few weeks ago and Tesla security had to stop several people who got out of their cars and tried to take pictures of the factory interior through the glass wall/doorway to the start of the Factory Tour area.

Hard to maintain security when there is a steady influx of owners driving in and out.

Then again, what are the plans for the former Solyndra Factory? If that's ALSO a Factory, at least they may leave the designers in place at the old location and leave solid walls for this location, and nothing to photograph.