Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These supercharging pedestals will be new and located at a Flagship Tesla Building. Will they be the slimmer supercharging cables similar to Mountain View CA's supercharging cables. I know only time will tell and I have absolutely no idea which cables will be installed, but I thought I would open it up for discussion. My thoughts are that they should indeed be the slimmer cables. I also think that should.. 150kW superchargers be on their way, this is the perfect location to implement that new technology as well.

Last edited:
A little progress. It looks like two transformers may be placed here! Photos!
Before:
image.png

After:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Last edited:
Exterior landscaping seems to be complete. Nothing new around supercharging pedestals, supercharger no pad area or where I think the transformer(s) may be located. There has been some very minor sidewalk work done along Kato RD near the south entrance to the building. No action at all on the interior of the building to date that I can see. We may have a while. The lounge will probably have to be complete before they open the superchargers. Building interior walls etc. ..... It looks as it has:(

Stopped by today. No change whatsoever. ..... sad.

In terms of demand, Tesla got this right: they opened up very quickly after starting work some key SuperChargers in California areas with high long distance demand (e.g., Fresno, & Buttonwillow), whereas in Fremont, they have an alternate running SuperCharger a handful of blocks away (at the factory).

Last edited:
That is great. Fremont was always full when I visited. Glad to see they are building these to help the situation. I can already hear the complains from owners outside of California how spoiled California is with Superchargers.
Well, I've owned my Tesla for 2 years and still have to drive 1000 miles out of my way to go east! It is very annoying that I can not leave my city unless I head west. It does get old to see a Supercharger go up every 5 miles in California.

Well, I've owned my Tesla for 2 years and still have to drive 1000 miles out of my way to go east! It is very annoying that I can not leave my city unless I head west. It does get old to see a Supercharger go up every 5 miles in California.

I hear you. It's frustrating to not have a complete network for Superchargers yet. That has to be the goal for sure. At the same time, the amount of Tesla cars on the road in California is absolutely ridiculous compared to any other state. Keeping the right balance between building Superchargers where the demand is high and completing the network can only be a compromise. It is painful on both ends.

Just to give you an idea: When I drive around Los Angeles, I see about 10-15 Teslas every hour of driving. When I'm in any other state driving around I'm lucky to see any at all. Just a few weeks ago I drove around Baltimore/Washington for three days and despite looking really hard I saw two Teslas in three days! I drove 70k miles in less than 2 years. Many long road trips across the country. Even on popular routes I have never seen a full Supercharger station. Mostly I was the only one. Here in California it is very common to have a full station. OK, maybe not 'very common', but it's happening more and more.

Last edited:

I hear you. It's frustrating to not have a complete network for Superchargers yet. That has to be the goal for sure. At the same time, the amount of Tesla cars on the road in California is absolutely ridiculous compared to any other state. Keeping the right balance between building Superchargers where the demand is high and completing the network can only be a compromise. It is painful on both ends.

Just to give you an idea: When I drive around Los Angeles, I see about 10-15 Teslas every hour of driving. When I'm in any other state driving around I'm lucky to see any at all. Just a few weeks ago I drove around Baltimore/Washington for three days and despite looking really hard I saw two Teslas in three days! I drove 70k miles in less than 2 years. Many long road trips across the country. Even on popular routes I have never seen a full Supercharger station. Mostly I was the only one. Here in California it is very common to have a full station.

It's all about the Supply and Demand ... simple really!

Reactions: EVie'sDad
It's all about the Supply and Demand ... simple really!
Except the demand can not reach potential when there are no possible ways to charge.
I know many people here who want to buy a tesla and will not because there is no way to head east.
Build it and they will come.
I am in California all the time, I know who many Teslas are there. I also know there except traveling though Tejon Ranch, congestion is only a problem because owners just want free juice.