Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
someone in the model X delivery section says that the fremont delivery center is now open (explains why they didn't put up the delivery tents at factory this quarter). so it appears that the building has completed construction and just in time for model 3 deliveries.
Yes, new X owner @dragonxt reported that he took delivery of his X at that location (initially in that thread he wasn't clear on the exactly location but subsequent posts appear to conclusively show that the 4700 Kato Road building with all the unfinished Superchargers out front was the location)

I took delivery of my new Tesla on June 11 and asked the person helping me with the paperwork about that site. She said it was going to be a Model 3 delivery center. She wasn't sure exactly what the superchargers will be for.
I spoke to a Tesla OA recently who said that there were no longer Fremont factory pickups of new Teslas, they were being done at the new location near the factory. She wasn't specific on the exact location, but it sounded like the Kato Road building being discussed in this thread.

All of this reinforces the probability that not-yet-finshed Superchargers at this location will not be for general use but will be dedicated to new vehicle deliveries. They could even be used for "new customer training" on how to Supercharger, what the in-car display tells you while charging, etc. That would be very helpful for new owners.

Reactions: dragonxt
I spoke to a Tesla OA recently who said that there were no longer Fremont factory pickups of new Teslas, they were being done at the new location near the factory. She wasn't specific on the exact location, but it sounded like the Kato Road building being discussed in this thread.
That makes a lot of sense. They've already run out of parking spaces for employees, so they can't accommodate the additional traffic/parking/warehousing/logistal requirements at the factory for customer deliveries, especially in the numbers projected for the Model 3.

Yes, interesting report from @dragonxt but he made no mention of whether the long line of Supercharger pedestals in front of that building (I assume that is where he was) were operational or not.
I drove by, and I don't know if this is helpful, but there are actually two separate Tesla Buildings close together. I believe separated by a Seagate building in between. One of them looks to be the new Delivery Center I went to, and another is just a huge building. < This is the one with those pedestal things. (Btw anyone have pics of what Superchargers look like before their built?).

It would be a perfect Model 3 Delivery center. There's not any activity there. Its Empty.

If I drive by again I'll turn on AutoPilot and take pics :p

(Side Note During Delivery Experience That May Tie In)
They also have a stage with big chairs for an audience where they also go over your car.

47400 Kato is the building with the incomplete Superchargers out front that is thought to be now used as a delivery center. 47700 Kato Rd is the building Tesla acquired with Solar City. That complex also has a Page Ave address. The Tesla-Solar City building used to be occupied by Solyndra. This is also the building where they are working on solar roof pilot production.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
Not sure if anyone has seen this link to the Development application? https://fremont.gov/DocumentCenter/View/27724

Also a good idea of the floor plan here:
PLN2015_00305 Exh A_Page_2.jpg

Nice find! Very interesting information. Reading through that document I see no mention of "charging" or "Superchargers". In the "Circulation" section the increased vehicle traffic analysis makes no mention of increased traffic due to Supercharger use.

That supports the theory that the Superchargers in front of that building will not be for general use by Tesla owners. The document does not prove that, however.

I also noted that the "Amenities" section of the building will include a "cafe and gym" for Tesla employee use only.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Nice find! Very interesting information. Reading through that document I see no mention of "charging" or "Superchargers". In the "Circulation" section the increased vehicle traffic analysis makes no mention of increased traffic due to Supercharger use.

That supports the theory that the Superchargers in front of that building will not be for general use by Tesla owners. The document does not prove that, however.

I also noted that the "Amenities" section of the building will include a "cafe and gym" for Tesla employee use only.
"Automotive Showroom – 4,500 square feet: The showroom would provide a display area for three cars and include a lounge area for sales customers and patrons utilizing the onsite charging stations. A total of 20 super charger stations would be added to the parking lot as part of the tenant improvements. The sale of electric vehicles is a permitted use in the I-R District."

Totally missed that part! Thanks for catching that and posting.

This is good news! I think it is now reasonable to assume that the 20 Supercharger stalls will be available for any Tesla owner to use, just like at Buena Park, Rocklin, Seaside, and probably more that I can't think of right at the moment.

I am changing the title of this thread and moving it back into the California Superchargers forum.

finally some clarity what the kato building will be used for, surprised it took us this long to find the permit from almost 2 years ago! clearly they are going to move the service center and showroom from factory to kato, but that probably means the 12 supercharger stations at factory may no longer be for public use once this spot opens. They need every square inch of available parking for the factory as we all know.

finally some clarity what the kato building will be used for, surprised it took us this long to find the permit from almost 2 years ago! clearly they are going to move the service center and showroom from factory to kato, but that probably means the 12 supercharger stations at factory may no longer be for public use once this spot opens. They need every square inch of available parking for the factory as we all know.
The document was found in October 2015. Evidence: Post #37, this thread, formerly called "Supercharger - Fremont #2"

Totally missed that part! Thanks for catching that and posting.

This is good news! I think it is now reasonable to assume that the 20 Supercharger stalls will be available for any Tesla owner to use, just like at Buena Park, Rocklin, Seaside, and probably more that I can't think of right at the moment.

I am changing the title of this thread and moving it back into the California Superchargers forum.

The wife mentions she does not see a whole lot of activity yet out of that facility, however with new deliveries coming out of there and the model 3 sightings seen in the neighborhood, I am sure the superchargers will be completed once they have finished the desired construction of the service center, showroom, lounge and warehouse. I don't expect it to be online anytime soon, giving the additional complications of this site. I suspect they want to limit as much traffic as they can until a majority of the construction has completed.