Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont / Austin ... but how would you know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Once you finally take delivery of a vehicle (I've been told that actually happens) how would you know which factory it came from? (assuming Austin is up and running by then)

I used to have a Civic and the ones with VINs beginning with J were apparently made in Japan, whereas the one I had was made in the US

Wait ... reading the VIN entry on wikipedia, it looks like position 11 will give the "Plant code"

Right, I think I've answered my own question. I should give myself a thumbs up now 🤡

Once you finally take delivery of a vehicle (I've been told that actually happens) how would you know which factory it came from? (assuming Austin is up and running by then)

I used to have a Civic and the ones with VINs beginning with J were apparently made in Japan, whereas the one I had was made in the US

Wait ... reading the VIN entry on wikipedia, it looks like position 11 will give the "Plant code"

Right, I think I've answered my own question. I should give myself a thumbs up now 🤡
One will be painted properly.