Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Center Delivery - Parking Sensors not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my White/LR/Aero today (Friday, July 27 10:30am) at the Fremont Delivery center. The center was busy, but I didn't think it was too cramped. One weird thing was that when I checked in a the front/parking lot valet stall, they told me to go in the doors, but was ambiguous on where I should wait for the delivery advisor. I had to wait for the advisor's text message to tell me to wait for her at the grey wall with Tesla letters. Before then, I actually talked to the nearest Tesla rep (who I didn't know was my advisor AND she didn't know I was the customer she was taking care of) and she advised me to wait for the text message. It was a strange bit of miscommunication that led her to advise some other customers with a later appointment time and got to me 20 minutes afterwards. No biggie though -- just gave me time to get some snacks, which were just some granola bars and coffee and water -- the espresso machine was broken.

After I signed the delivery docs, it took another 20 minutes for her to set things up and verify payment (I just ACH'd my cash payment the night before) before she led me to the car. I took about 20 minutes to look over the exterior and interior and found some minor scratches on the bottom of the front bumper and a small paint chip in the left passenger door sill They basically tried to hand buff it out, which turned out OK, but still meh. There was a small deep scratch and the aforementioned paint chip that she said I had to make an appointment later at the service center so they could buff it out and re-paint? On the inside of the car windows there were some smudges and leftover transparent glue glops which they tried to address. I found some more small pieces of glue later on the back glass. For the front windshield there was a big smudge that they told me to just wipe it off later... um ok. There was also a front fender panel next to the headlight that looked like it bulged out a bit too much -- I pointed it out and the advisor sort of just said something like "well, you know ... all these new cars are fresh from the factory so ... " Huh? So are you implying the latest manufacturing push led to some higher defect tolerances? Weird response. There were no other panel gap issues thankfully.

The delivery advisor was just standing next to me the whole time so I felt like I was under time pressure to leave. She also told me that basically I had to point out all the defects there so they could be addressed later -- so I didn't feel comfortable just driving off and giving the car a more detailed look over.

So after 20 minutes of giving the car a once over with this delivery checklist (Tesla Model 3 Delivery Inspection Checklist), and being reasonably satisfied -- I'm sure there are other more OCD people that might be throwing a fit at this point -- I drove off. So total time at the Tesla delivery center was just over an hour -- maybe like 1.5 hours.

After parking in my garage and my office garage. I did notice a lack of parking sensor beeping warnings and no indicators of how close my front or back bumper are to walls or other objects. I didn't opt for EAP, so do I not get the ultrasonic sensor warnings?? Or do I need to drive for a while (how many miles) for these ultrasonic parking sensors to come online? I tried searching for this information, but most people opt for EAP -- does anyone without EAP know?

Last edited:
I just took delivery of my White/LR/Aero today (Friday, July 27 10:30am) at the Fremont Delivery center. The center was busy, but I didn't think it was too cramped. One weird thing was that when I checked in a the front/parking lot valet stall, they told me to go in the doors, but was ambiguous on where I should wait for the delivery advisor. I had to wait for the advisor's text message to tell me to wait for her at the grey wall with Tesla letters. Before then, I actually talked to the nearest Tesla rep (who I didn't know was my advisor AND she didn't know I was the customer she was taking care of) and she advised me to wait for the text message. It was a strange bit of miscommunication that led her to advise some other customers with a later appointment time and got to me 20 minutes afterwards. No biggie though -- just gave me time to get some snacks, which were just some granola bars and coffee and water -- the espresso machine was broken.

After I signed the delivery docs, it took another 20 minutes for her to set things up and verify payment (I just ACH'd my cash payment the night before) before she led me to the car. I took about 20 minutes to look over the exterior and interior and found some minor scratches on the bottom of the front bumper and a small paint chip in the left passenger door sill They basically tried to hand buff it out, which turned out OK, but still meh. There was a small deep scratch and the aforementioned paint chip that she said I had to make an appointment later at the service center so they could buff it out and re-paint? On the inside of the car windows there were some smudges and leftover transparent glue glops which they tried to address. I found some more small pieces of glue later on the back glass. For the front windshield there was a big smudge that they told me to just wipe it off later... um ok. There was also a front fender panel next to the headlight that looked like it bulged out a bit too much -- I pointed it out and the advisor sort of just said something like "well, you know ... all these new cars are fresh from the factory so ... " Huh? So are you implying the latest manufacturing push led to some higher defect tolerances? Weird response. There were no other panel gap issues thankfully.

The delivery advisor was just standing next to me the whole time so I felt like I was under time pressure to leave. She also told me that basically I had to point out all the defects there so they could be addressed later -- so I didn't feel comfortable just driving off and giving the car a more detailed look over.

So after 20 minutes of giving the car a once over with this delivery checklist (Tesla Model 3 Delivery Inspection Checklist), and being reasonably satisfied -- I'm sure there are other more OCD people that might be throwing a fit at this point -- I drove off. So total time at the Tesla delivery center was just over an hour -- maybe like 1.5 hours.

After parking in my garage and my office garage. I did notice a lack of parking sensor beeping warnings and no indicators of how close my front or back bumper are to walls or other objects. I didn't opt for EAP, so do I not get the ultrasonic sensor warnings?? Or do I need to drive for a while (how many miles) for these ultrasonic parking sensors to come online? I tried searching for this information, but most people opt for EAP -- does anyone without EAP know?

Look through the menus to turn the noise on.

Whoops, forgot to mention that I already made sure the settings were set to "noise on". The other thing is that I don't even see graphical indication that the ultrasonic sensors are active. In my friend's 3, I remember seeing like a force field around the car avatar with a measurement number like "10 cm" or something like that. Maybe I need to wait for some calibration?

Another thing was my car had only 126 miles of range on it -- the advisor said that their policy was to only charge around 50%. In my case more like 40%.

Here are some pics from the Fremont Delivery Center.

Attachments

• 20180727_104028 (2).jpg
    20180727_104028 (2).jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180727_104305.jpg
    20180727_104305.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 58
  • 20180727_104323.jpg
    20180727_104323.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180727_104332.jpg
    20180727_104332.jpg