Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Delivery Center parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
My daughter's car will be delivered next Sunday (8-July) in Fremont, at the Delivery Center. My thought is to meet her and her husband there, but wonder about parking. We did the factory tour a few years ago, and it was clear that parking planning is not among Tesla's corporate skills...

Where does one park at the Delivery Center, and is it a problem finding a space? How early should one arrive? Current appointment is late morning.

I was just there today picking up my 3. 47623 Fremont Blvd. is about a mile north of the HUGE office park where they are 'storing' new cars. Drive into the the lot, go to the red pop-up tent to check in and you'll be told to park your car. There's plenty of space. My appointment was at 12:15 and I got there about 5 minutes early. The person at the tent will take your name, check for your appointment and then tell you to go through the front door. Find anybody in a Tesla t-shirt and tell them you are there to pick up your car. Took me about an hour to get through all of the paperwork, wire my money into them and then go out for a check of the car. It actually took me an additional 10 minutes for them to double-check my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). My total increased by about $100 from the pro-forrma document I was emailed earlier this week so good thing I didn't pay with a cashiers check.

• Informative
Reactions: MissyMcBee
There's plenty of parking at the delivery center. Google Maps took me a really wacky way to get there, so you may want to take a look at the map before leaving just to get a good idea of it. It's about a mile from factory (not as the crow flies, but rather as SatNav flies)

An update... She picked up her car yesterday (Sunday), one of probably a dozen or so that morning. VIN 39K, MSM, standard wheels. Pretty painless experience. The only thing wrong with the car was that there was some sort of spray that hit the passenger side ends of the seats, and they took care of it by sending the car back through the detailing process while we went out for lunch. (Great Thai restaurant a few miles away, BTW.) They also applied the latest firmware update, while they were at it.

Parking is indeed no problem at all, partly I expect because this was a Sunday. The adjacent business parking lots were empty, and the one designated for Tesla customers (to the right, as you face the building) was about half. Google maps was right on directing me in; no issues there, and no traffic to foul things up. We arrived about a half hour early, and checked in. Not much of a wait, did the paperwork, inspected the car, and got a tour of setup and operating. Then the lunch / detailing and we were done.

Best of all, she loves the car. Yea!

An update... She picked up her car yesterday (Sunday), one of probably a dozen or so that morning. VIN 39K, MSM, standard wheels. Pretty painless experience. The only thing wrong with the car was that there was some sort of spray that hit the passenger side ends of the seats, and they took care of it by sending the car back through the detailing process while we went out for lunch. (Great Thai restaurant a few miles away, BTW.) They also applied the latest firmware update, while they were at it.

Parking is indeed no problem at all, partly I expect because this was a Sunday. The adjacent business parking lots were empty, and the one designated for Tesla customers (to the right, as you face the building) was about half. Google maps was right on directing me in; no issues there, and no traffic to foul things up. We arrived about a half hour early, and checked in. Not much of a wait, did the paperwork, inspected the car, and got a tour of setup and operating. Then the lunch / detailing and we were done.

Best of all, she loves the car. Yea!
How are the taillights? Mine was not aligned and according the SC it's a pretty common issue.

nH8PMs5g3qv879wrMLe9MAklgk5AA8Dh7BEYt7rAaRAAkEtGMfD3p754tv1uqYtgJFcihC0F8K4O8g3ziK71gnj1TecY48VcCohudI9aadXXOrnErbaD3we0dwTSfG6ag4LHcDTTxMSYFjE9vJpTQq5Uyif9A6ydPObH83JC6HWFQNr1vtHPg7pWi_wnGG_mlI2c28NIvAmEFZbyCFuYRiTR2yJmc8OdTo4VJSJQHQnOwCUa_Zl2z9PNlRCpthUlWoHzI1RWTFjloAL9Aa40z_WD2jcyHGj3EfR_RkgCV_Jz42g1JujlBer7wgK9BHT6P7vFXv5HRBikwN6DjxSBL16kho2IeA4bYmYbUKflUQLtT2MudLTzc1Ey3f5SP9oAsY3vTwGQGL9iLbwyHEseQiIO1t0TeOEysiU2rluiRDxZ_G0hTfBFFRxVJB9YgG6e7Hu7084t0LhyE2ugwj770uRcRQRp4vuMgk2kflRI2CvoWbF4TQrzpL4CyaaSV661pG4q2jGBlNr-uBildMdyEmQnzgvxEc4r93y6kamKDtJEUJ3ScwT55BIWQ3_dpgTSILWZBzFfn2fOTjwB63toXbaX3j4xfqYXk-8LhNik=w1846-h1038-no

• Disagree
Reactions: GayForEllon
How are the taillights? Mine was not aligned and according the SC it's a pretty common issue.

nH8PMs5g3qv879wrMLe9MAklgk5AA8Dh7BEYt7rAaRAAkEtGMfD3p754tv1uqYtgJFcihC0F8K4O8g3ziK71gnj1TecY48VcCohudI9aadXXOrnErbaD3we0dwTSfG6ag4LHcDTTxMSYFjE9vJpTQq5Uyif9A6ydPObH83JC6HWFQNr1vtHPg7pWi_wnGG_mlI2c28NIvAmEFZbyCFuYRiTR2yJmc8OdTo4VJSJQHQnOwCUa_Zl2z9PNlRCpthUlWoHzI1RWTFjloAL9Aa40z_WD2jcyHGj3EfR_RkgCV_Jz42g1JujlBer7wgK9BHT6P7vFXv5HRBikwN6DjxSBL16kho2IeA4bYmYbUKflUQLtT2MudLTzc1Ey3f5SP9oAsY3vTwGQGL9iLbwyHEseQiIO1t0TeOEysiU2rluiRDxZ_G0hTfBFFRxVJB9YgG6e7Hu7084t0LhyE2ugwj770uRcRQRp4vuMgk2kflRI2CvoWbF4TQrzpL4CyaaSV661pG4q2jGBlNr-uBildMdyEmQnzgvxEc4r93y6kamKDtJEUJ3ScwT55BIWQ3_dpgTSILWZBzFfn2fOTjwB63toXbaX3j4xfqYXk-8LhNik=w1846-h1038-no
Wow, no. Hers seemed just fine, and the various panels as well. Also no moisture in places it shouldn't be. As I said, the only thing we could find wrong was the bit of spray that got on the passenger side seats. Oh, and the protective film was still attached to the display. She was thinking of leaving it on, but the "phantom touch" started happening, so I think she's taken it off now.

Sounds like they're aware of the tail light issue, and should take care of yours quickly. Congrats on the new car!

Wow, no. Hers seemed just fine, and the various panels as well. Also no moisture in places it shouldn't be. As I said, the only thing we could find wrong was the bit of spray that got on the passenger side seats. Oh, and the protective film was still attached to the display. She was thinking of leaving it on, but the "phantom touch" started happening, so I think she's taken it off now.

Sounds like they're aware of the tail light issue, and should take care of yours quickly. Congrats on the new car!
The SC told me they don't have specs for the tail lights so they just did what they could to make the two sides match which they do now. I will need to compare my lights to another Model 3 to see if it's lined up the way it should be. It's really just a cosmetic thing and I don't think there is any risk of moisture getting in.