Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Factory To Reopen Today, May 8th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>60 day of drastic measures did not eradicate the virus. It takes 14 days to recover from COVID-10. 60 days seems like plenty of time to squash it if there were no new infections. Yes here we are.

Maybe if everyone in USA really quarantined that we would had different outcome but chances of that are slim to none.

We need to move into proactively managing the spread instead of counting on passive SIP measures. That includes all businesses operating with safety measures in place, people over 55 with easy access to food delivery and N95 masks, and others with working from home if possible and wearing cloth masks indoors. Measures dictated by science not politics.

Reactions: msm859
many die, and those that dont lose a lot of ability for the rest of their lives.

I had it for 3 months, about 20 years ago. it did nearly kill me. fighting for breath, fluid in my lungs, had to have my GF literally slap me on the back to get the stuff out, so I could catch a breath. this was every few hours and it went on for THREE MONTHS. I'm told that was a longer than usual case, but it did leave me winded, climbing stairs, for nearly a year afterward. had to use inhalers and all that crappy stuff, for a while after that.

"just a flu, bro. you'll get over it."

FARK YOU, whoever says that. you have not lived thru anything this bad, if you take such a cavalier attitude toward this.

its not just you. if you want to screw your own health up, that's up to you; but you are not in a bubble and what you do to yourself also affects us. that's why this is such an important issue. you don't just get to make yourself sick; you spread it and won't even know it. you have no right to inflict that on others. quit being selfish pricks. this is about much more than YOU.
So let’s shut down forever. The flu ain’t going away. Pneumonia ain’t going away.

It’s a wrap! No one go outside ever again!

that's the lame argument from 'your side' and it basically boils down to: lets give up and all take our chances.

nope. not falling for it and neither are most others who value their ongoing health.

Dude, you can't hide from airborne viruses for long. They're going to get to you, so why destroy so many people's lives and the economy for no gain?

IMG_0844.JPG
Exactly. And people give so called "experts", "scientists" and "doctors" way too much credit.

Reactions: msm859 and NY_Rob
The guy said pneumonia almost killed him. So I guess the world needs to stay locked down forever .... right? FFS!!

^^^
further proof that we, as a people, can't be trusted.

thanks. people like you are GOING to get the government even more lock-downy on us.

the guy just doesn't understand.

no, I'm not going to willingly let you guys run amok in public when you have THAT kind of attitude.

again, this is why we can't have nice things. people simply insist on being ME ME ME and don't care one whit about fellow man.

attitude comes thru loud and clear.

• Disagree
Reactions: SSonnentag
I have a question:
from Your estimates - to which market will Tesla start producing to after reopening in May?
I have a pending order on a MX and am from Europe, so I am interested when to estimate the first may produced cars in Europe. Any guessses?

I have a question:
from Your estimates - to which market will Tesla start producing to after reopening in May?
I have a pending order on a MX and am from Europe, so I am interested when to estimate the first may produced cars in Europe. Any guessses?

It's probably a safe bet the US backlog would be produced first but that's just a guess. It's probably better to look at inventory by country to possibly use that as a way to estimate who might get what and when.

Jeff

For the rest of Q2:
  • Model S & X will be produced for all markets. (might exclude RHD markets)
  • Model 3 & Y only for NA markets.
Then in Q3 a huge push to fill the backlog of Model 3 & Y for Europe.

EDIT: this is my guess, not a fact.

• Disagree
Reactions: linux-works
To all those who were like "those that don't want to work won't have to come back, so no problem for them," Tesla has released the inevitable email to its employees, making it clear that if Tesla recalls someone, he or she is basically being forced to choose between coming back to work and having no income. It's just that Tesla is basically saying, well, that's not our fault-- that on the state-- as if its rush to reopen as quickly as possible didn't create the situation.

“Once you are called back, you will no longer be on furlough so if you choose not to work, it may impact your unemployment benefits as determined by your local government agency – and not by Tesla. We completely respect your decision and will support you, without any penalties from us.”

Tesla HR to employees: 'Choose not to work, it may impact your unemployment benefits'

To all those who were like "those that don't want to work won't have to come back, so no problem for them," Tesla has released the inevitable email to its employees, making it clear that if Tesla recalls someone, he or she is basically being forced to choose between coming back to work and having no income. It's just that Tesla is basically saying, well, that's not our fault-- that on the state-- as if its rush to reopen as quickly as possible didn't create the situation.

“Once you are called back, you will no longer be on furlough so if you choose not to work, it may impact your unemployment benefits as determined by your local government agency – and not by Tesla. We completely respect your decision and will support you, without any penalties from us.”

Tesla HR to employees: 'Choose not to work, it may impact your unemployment benefits'
Didn't the state of California reopen for manufacturing? Tesla has put the required physical distancing guidelines into place so why shouldn't it open back up? Tesla doesn't seem like the bad guy here.

Didn't the state of California reopen for manufacturing? Tesla has put the required physical distancing guidelines into place so why shouldn't it open back up? Tesla doesn't seem like the bad guy here.

Alameda County has stricter rules than the state (and is allowed to have stricter rules), and Tesla reopened before it got permission from the county.

Besides, my main point here is just to point out that Tesla-- which is choosing to reopen earlier than most local businesses-- is basically forcing its employees to choose between coming back or having no income, instead of the current situation where the factory employees can stay home and earn more in unemployment benefits than they were earning in wages pre-COVID.

Some folks on this board are acting like Elon is reopening the factory out of concern for his furloughed employees. That's clearly not a main motivating factor, as the employees were in better financial position when the factory was closed.

Unfortunately, unemployment benefits are for, ... well, ... unemployed. Business are not charities either.

The positive thing is that Tesla already has experience operating during a pandemic on multiple continents.