Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Factory Visit next week - help/advise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium
Hi,

We're traveling next week to San Francisco, where we will start our road trip. We're coming from Europe, on our first great US vacation.
As we planned for 2 days San Francisco visit, I could convince my wife to spend half a day to go and visit the Factory in Fremont. There was no need to convince both kids, they are thrilled. All is set with Tesla, they will welcome us on Friday 8th at 10AM.
Our road trip starts on Saturday, so the rental car will only be available then.
I look for options to reach the factory. We are staying in a hotel in Union Square.

Advancing the car renta is one, but expensive, plus additional parking cost. And I'm not too sure about traffic.
Taxi is a second choice, but an expensive one.
I'm not familiar with Uber, as this is not allowed in our country.

What would you recommend?
Thanks!

Thanks Bonnie for the quick reply. Car rental is indeed one option, but added hassle & cost to park the car in the city.
I'll check when in town with the car rental if I can rent another car for only for the roundtrip (take it in the morning & bring back after visit)

I just did the tour from San Francisco and took BART (train) to the fremont station. It's probably about 55 minutes from Union Square. From there it would be easy to get an Uber or Lyft (download the apps, you might actually find you use it a lot during your time in the city if you are trying to avoid driving yourself.)

Trains run about every 15 minutes so are convenient. Car ride from train station to the factory is about 10 minutes. Arrive a little early for checkin and for picture taking. ;)

Reactions: Tree95
This may sound crazy, but when I did it last October I just rented a car for the day. Cost was around $50 which really isn't bad considering you have 4 people. The only problem was finding a gas station upon returning to San Francisco. There are not many of them in the city so that takes a bit of research.