Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont will be shut down!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First I heard GF1 wasn't shutting down, then not, then they were going to reduce to 1/4 (2500 people), then they're shutting down yesterday and use the downtime to retool for higher capacity when they come back.

What's not clear to me is, is GF1 completely shutdown or are they still operating with 2500 people? Anyone know?

I'm guessing there's probably still a back log of cars that were produced but not yet delivered. I haven't seen any white or black ones going out yet. Maybe white will be last since it's a free color and they're trying to get more $$ first?

Reactions: Electric Steve
First I heard GF1 wasn't shutting down, then not, then they were going to reduce to 1/4 (2500 people), then they're shutting down yesterday and use the downtime to retool for higher capacity when they come back.

What's not clear to me is, is GF1 completely shutdown or are they still operating with 2500 people? Anyone know?

I'm guessing there's probably still a back log of cars that were produced but not yet delivered. I haven't seen any white or black ones going out yet. Maybe white will be last since it's a free color and they're trying to get more $$ first?
Are you conflating the Fremont factory (your numbers seem to match that) with the Reno GF1?

Last I read, they still have 2500 employees, just cannot do car production runs per the Alameda Sheriff's office. So factory making cars will stop. I'm assuming that certain administration or operations will continue, and probably deliveries of inventory cars.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: Dude85D