Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

French Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next year I'm off to southern France in my M3, but going the scenic route, staying in various small hotels. I hope to use Supercharges mainly, but would like a backup plan. I can get a Izivia Access pass for €15, and no monthly subscription. Their network of charges seems large and varied. Does anybody have experience of Izivia or any other charging networks in France?

I went with a Chargemap pass, which was €20. I’d love to know if it covers all the Izivia network as I’m only going to be driving in France.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricJoules
Drove down to Carcassonne, Montpelier and Avignon in a P85 this summer via Eurotunnel and it went like a dream -- had no problems at all with Supercharger availability (didn't need any other chargers). Abetterrouteplanner.com is your friend.

Definitely get the Emovis autoroute toll tag (you need to fit it in the black area just to the right of the mirror as the windscreen otherwise has a metallic coating).

Emovis Tag UK

Disclaimer: at time of writing all bets are off after Oct 31...

End of August we're off on a road trip to Ile de Re near La Rochelle. I haven't had our Model S over in France during the summer, and wondered if anyone had any experience of how busy the Superchargers get? Specifically I'll be routing thru Mont Saint-Michel, Nantes, Poitiers and Le Mans. I've sorted destination charging as there is destination charger a 3 minute walk from our Airbnb, but just wondering if I should plan in some time for waiting for a stall. Many thanks.
Our French and ex-pat English friends who live outside of Fontenay le Comte keep on threatening to take us to Isle de Re - I haven't read the entire thread yet; looking forward to that!