Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequency of occupied Superchargers & "peak hours"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any members got feedback on the Olympian City SC ? Is it always occupied ? As I lived in Hung Hom, and Home charging solution is not possible for me, I wonder if I can spend 30 - 45 mins a night per week, and charge up the car at the OC SC, normally around 8ish

Has any members got feedback on the Olympian City SC ? Is it always occupied ? As I lived in Hung Hom, and Home charging solution is not possible for me, I wonder if I can spend 30 - 45 mins a night per week, and charge up the car at the OC SC, normally around 8ish

From IM Tesla app, OC1 is almost always full, with some SPOTers (Supercharger-Parking-Over-Timers) parking overnight. Festival Walk SCs are opening soon so that might help a bit.

On week nights, usually one spot open. If occupied, a 5minute wait should be fine. I passed by this Sunday and didnt charge, on my way up, i saw one Tesla leaving the parkage. Once I arrived at the SC, there was a newly arriving tesla waiting for a spot. So yes, it is quite packed on weekends. But The turnover is pretty good(having to pay for parking helps). I must commend this red Century 21 tesla there for not SPOTing, I see him quite often and most of the time he would charge and park near the SC. I guess he works there or lives in the area and does make a good effort to park else where after charging.

Food for thought: I think the problem of SPOTing is smaller than crowding out by professional drivers. Imagine those uber taxis or hotel Tesla getting free charges, they would crowd us casual drivers out. I personally don't think super charging should be free and should be quota. Then the people who really need it will get it. Now it has become a game of let me drive as much as I want since its free. It is neither environmentally friendly nor helps with loaded chargers.

Thanks lx3h and Optic for your response. Actually I've been interested on the MS since last May, and as the charging worries me that back me off. And now I've finally make up the mind and reserved an MX, and that's why have start thinking how can I work out my routing to utilise the charging network.

Side Note, a weird thinking. With TSLA's auto pilot, home link application (in US), it would be great if one could report to TSLA via it's official App for SPOTers, and then switch the 2 car's parking position, so drivers in need can enjoy the charging services. Well. I must be day dreaming ~

On week nights, usually one spot open. If occupied, a 5minute wait should be fine. I passed by this Sunday and didnt charge, on my way up, i saw one Tesla leaving the parkage. Once I arrived at the SC, there was a newly arriving tesla waiting for a spot. So yes, it is quite packed on weekends. But The turnover is pretty good(having to pay for parking helps). I must commend this red Century 21 tesla there for not SPOTing, I see him quite often and most of the time he would charge and park near the SC. I guess he works there or lives in the area and does make a good effort to park else where after charging.

Food for thought: I think the problem of SPOTing is smaller than crowding out by professional drivers. Imagine those uber taxis or hotel Tesla getting free charges, they would crowd us casual drivers out. I personally don't think super charging should be free and should be quota. Then the people who really need it will get it. Now it has become a game of let me drive as much as I want since its free. It is neither environmentally friendly nor helps with loaded chargers.

seems like Festival Walk is also confirmed. PP and TKS in the pipeline..so hopefully the SC network will develop along with the wider govt plans on EV charging...should help. Although reading the EV Facebook/forums..SPOT and charging etiquette still has plenty of room for improvements.

yes, apparently some kind of marketing strategy....they plan a series of roadshows....like the ones they had at Festival Walk, PP, and also Tai Ko Shing (Coming) and look to work with the landlords on the SC at the same time. (this of course exclude the Causeway Bay Patterson St event!).

Sounds like there will be a flood of Model S purchases if they increase the Supercharger coverage; Supercharger = lifetime free while government/CLP chargers are only free until end of this year (?) before they deduct money from Octopus.

I wonder if the HK gov will cut tax exemption for Teslas when the current extended period is up? The argument is why subsidize rich people's cars blah blah blah (better "convince" them to get a P90D than a hydrocarbon spewing Italian V12 LOL), so who knows they may only let the 70 models be tax exempt in the coming year which might put a damper on new Tesla sales in HK

Thanks lx3h and Optic for your response. Actually I've been interested on the MS since last May, and as the charging worries me that back me off. And now I've finally make up the mind and reserved an MX, and that's why have start thinking how can I work out my routing to utilise the charging network.

Side Note, a weird thinking. With TSLA's auto pilot, home link application (in US), it would be great if one could report to TSLA via it's official App for SPOTers, and then switch the 2 car's parking position, so drivers in need can enjoy the charging services. Well. I must be day dreaming ~

If there are SPOTers, take a photo of their VIN number and report that to Tesla, they will check the car's charging record and if it is true that they have been SPOTing, then Tesla will call the owner and give him a lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like there will be a flood of Model S purchases if they increase the Supercharger coverage; Supercharger = lifetime free while government/CLP chargers are only free until end of this year (?) before they deduct money from Octopus.

I wonder if the HK gov will cut tax exemption for Teslas when the current extended period is up? The argument is why subsidize rich people's cars blah blah blah (better "convince" them to get a P90D than a hydrocarbon spewing Italian V12 LOL), so who knows they may only let the 70 models be tax exempt in the coming year which might put a damper on new Tesla sales in HK

Titus, definitely, we will work on that.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, apparently some kind of marketing strategy....they plan a series of roadshows....like the ones they had at Festival Walk, PP, and also Tai Ko Shing (Coming) and look to work with the landlords on the SC at the same time. (this of course exclude the Causeway Bay Patterson St event!).

I have my doubts for Cityplaza at TKS, due to the low ceiling. Superchargers must be suitable for Model S III X Y, so height it a main concern. Cityplaza, as much as I like it, won't make it.