Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequency range of SR+ front dash midrange speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdx_m3s

May 18, 2019
Portland, OR
I have a 2019 SR+ and am looking to upgrade the audio. Yes I know there are "activation" kits that activate the door and pillar tweeters by bridging them in parallel with existing speakers, however, my first goal is to replace the currently active speakers with better quality units. I would consider myself well-experienced and fairly knowledgeable when it comes to car audio.

I have seen people replace the dash mid speakers with Infinity Reference speakers, and I am considering this. However, based on Travis LLado's writeup, the frequency range that the amp sends to the outer dash mids are frequency limited (at least on the full Premium audio). As such, a 2-way speaker doesn't make much sense. My question, however, is if this is also true for the Partial Premium (SR+) audio? Has anyone tested this?

Also, is the center dash mid-range speaker active on SR+? Or just the outers?

For reference, you can see the frequency range rolling off at higher frequency for the outer dash mid speakers per Travis' chart below. Accordingly, a 2-way speaker makes little sense in this location.
1648922085871.png