Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent "Left front fender camera blocked or blinded" message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting that message while driving in the rain a lot. Probably 12 times this morning while driving 65-75 mph. Not hard rain but not drizzle either. I just cleaned the cameras the other day. Is anyone else experiencing this? My previous Model 3 which I had for 18 months never got this message, but it was also on HW 2.5. Is it possible that is it misaligned and a raindrop is obscuring it? Or maybe glare from some other car's headlights? Should I make a service appointment?

I also get this at random times. Sometimes the whole way home from the grocery store, other times I don't see it for a month. And I've never specifically cleaned the cameras, and they never look blocked (well, the trunk camera does tend to get pretty dirty).

I consistently get fender camera blinded errors when it’s raining and I’m on a highway. I got them when I was on HW 2.5 too. The side depends on which lane I’m in. So far, it feels like it’s a combination of road spray mist and glare from headlights of the cars behind.

I get the messages when the sun is on the driver's side of the car and it's particularly common when it's low on the horizon. It seems much more sensitive than it used to be, and generates the same message.

Usually it's the left pillar camera that is identified as having the issue, but not always.

Last edited:
I'm getting that message while driving in the rain a lot. Probably 12 times this morning while driving 65-75 mph. Not hard rain but not drizzle either. I just cleaned the cameras the other day. Is anyone else experiencing this? My previous Model 3 which I had for 18 months never got this message, but it was also on HW 2.5. Is it possible that is it misaligned and a raindrop is obscuring it? Or maybe glare from some other car's headlights? Should I make a service appointment?

Yes, I had the same issue.

I made a service appointment. They told me that the service appointment prompted them to look at the errors in my car and found that I needed to have my drivers Bpillar camera re-calibrated. ( my error showed front fender camera ).

They forced my car to go into calibration mode....I had to manually drive it for about 50 miles or so (I can't remember).....and walahhaa…..Its been fine ever since.

I had the same issue two days a go. Had the service tech come out and he replaced the left camera and pillar. Need to drive for 100 miles to calibrate the camera completely. He told me they recorded 24 errors on the left camera in one day.