Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent sleep / connectivity issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys

Sometimes when I park and exit the car for even 10 minutes, upon returning to the car occasionally it seems like it went to ? sleep (either the main screen slow to respond to touches; a few times the T logo shown as if turning on) and I've lost 3G connectivity (drops to E or nothing). Maybe this explain why often I can't access the car from the iPhone app ("waking up") from home intermittently. Takes forever to regain 3G.

i have specifically turned off the energy savings, and also set the "always connected" to on. I've rebooted the system a few times. I can't get this fixed.

I believe I've been having this issue since at least firmware 6; anyone else experience this problem?

I'm in Vancouver. It's a P85 (Sept 2014) pre-autopilot. Currently on 6.2 (2.4.136).

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

I leave sleep on and never enable always connected. The main problem I have is that Tesla's servers sometimes don't seem to be available, so it never gets to the waking car message, but it's not that common 1/20 or so.
If you have a 3G connectivity problem and your cell phone has good connectivity (assuming both use the same provider), it could be the antenna connections or grounding.

I leave sleep on and never enable always connected. The main problem I have is that Tesla's servers sometimes don't seem to be available, so it never gets to the waking car message, but it's not that common 1/20 or so.
If you have a 3G connectivity problem and your cell phone has good connectivity (assuming both use the same provider), it could be the antenna connections or grounding.

Thanks, I'll ask the service centre to look into this. I have a feeling I'll get a brush off or something, even though this doesn't seem to be a common issue for people. If I understand correctly, most Teslas have pretty reliable connectivity?

thanks!