Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent Tire Punctures (4 in 7 months) Killing My Love For My Model X- Avg Every six weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats not exactly what I said. I am frustrated with the amount of tire punctures I am having and I am simply trying to figure out the cause as I have never had tire issues before owning a Tesla. Bc I've never had these problems with any other vehicle, yes I did wonder if there might be something unique to Tesla's that may make them more prone to having tire issues. It was not my intention to attack or blame Tesla. I was just asking for advice and trying to find out if this was bad luck for me or a wide spread issue.
From what I heard from repairers and other Tesla oweners it is a wide spread issue. I hadmy Telsa for a year and I had 4 flat tires. I never had this issue with my other cars over 20 years of driving.

I've had my MX for 4 years now, 60,000 miles. I have had one flat on my ICE and one on the X in the past 12 months. Previously I went over 30 years without a flat. I see lots of people on the side of the road with flats, a lot more than I used to. Maybe just more junk and debris on the roads.

It is true I had three punctures in a couple years of driving on stock Contis with my 75D, switched to Nokian and didn't have any more. And now have a P90D that has seen both Michelins and (non-stock, ie non-"T0") Continentals and still haven't gotten any punctures recently. This is all just anecdotal and I hesitate to draw a lot of conclusions from it, but still ..