Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent two pedals pressed warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
Loving the car but seem to get the "both pedals pressed" warning very easily. I find especially on a steep hills the car rolls back at a T junction unless you have your foot on the brake for a spilt second after you press the accelerator pedal, but you get the loud bongs and "two pedal pressed" warning. Anyone getting the message frequently?

Fantastic car though, glad I made the leap!

Thanks guys, just tried this on my way to work. Yes if you press brake firmly (more than normal) on hill the H appears on the dashboard and the car does not roll. I wasn't aware of the the feature! Also I noticed that autopilot becomes available when sitting in traffic if you select the H mode. Just sitting in traffic with your foot on the brake autopilot is not available.

Reactions: RichardMcN
I use brake hold all the time but I also get the two pedals pressed warning quite often, though in my case it's not about braking on a hill. I usually get it when I'm parking and I'm pressing the pedals quickly because I'm in traffic or in a hurry and I quickly switch between accelerator and brake.

Just an observation on brake hold - this doesn't necessarily work exactly the same in different cars. On my car, once I come to a stop and just linger on the brake pedal and give it the smallest extra press, brake hold is activated. I like that. However on the black loner 90D at St Leonards, I find I need to brake and then separately give the brake pedal a fairly forceful extra press to activate brake hold. If my car was like this, and knowing that it doesn't need to be, I'd want to get it adjusted.

I've had this happen to me twice since 8.0. Both times were on flat roads after being stopped at a signal. When the signal turned green I tried to go and got the error. I tried to reproduce the situation on an empty street and haven't been able to.